Pizza on my Weber Kettle - PRON

Pizza looks very good. Nice job.

As far as smoke taste, i never put any wood chunks in. I just use lump charcoal for a very light smoke taste. Puts the right amount of smoke in there for me.

Wont pizza stones crack with the heat from a kettle?
I Use the tan bricks you get at the Fireplace store. If they crack its only 1 to replace. Just sprinkle them with a little corn meal before the pizza goes down.

Dan

Your assistant is a bonafide Cutie!! The pie looks fantastic. I don't use a stone, but you can even use clay floor tile that is unglazed. Once you get the fire just right, you can toss the dough right on the grates. It cooks real quick like this so you need to keep an eye on it. Once the bottom is cooked, you turn it over onto a cutting board and then put the toppings on the cooked side and then back onto the grate to cook the other side with the lid on to melt the toppings. I mostly use the gasser but I have done quite a few over live coals. Pizza will never be the same.

Ive been wondering about an alternate source for a Pizza Stone... how bout scraps from a Kitchen remodel? Anyone know a place that makes headstones? Large Patio pavers? I see the major expense in these things as shipping.. they aint all that complicated. any other ideas?

I did see the post usign 1/8" tile, but I dont see that as a long term solution. abeit a cheap one

Ive been wondering about an alternate source for a Pizza Stone... how bout scraps from a Kitchen remodel? Anyone know a place that makes headstones? Large Patio pavers? I see the major expense in these things as shipping.. they aint all that complicated. any other ideas?

I did see the post usign 1/8" tile, but I dont see that as a long term solution. abeit a cheap one

We have a pizza stone that we use in the oven. The wife won't let me use it in the grills.................:roll: On another board one of the guys mentioned he used one of these as his pizza stone.
http://www.mexicantiles.com/square-mexican-saltillo-floor-tile.html
Much thicker than the regular tile and also unglazed.
Honestly, though, you don't need a stone. The dough holds up really nice just tossed on the hot grates. As soon as it hits the grates it begins to cook and harden. A good, wide spatula is the best tool to flip and check the underside. This Friday I'll have the outlaws over for pizza night to celebrate the SIL's B-day. All I use it the gasser and grates. Works nice.

Wal Mart also sells disposable pizza pans that work pretty good too.

Pizza looks good and the helper is a little doll!

I know for a fact that Pampered Chef pizza stones will crack in half on a kettle. Been there.

that sure is a cute lil' helper you have,,, and the pizza looks great

Thanks for the comments folks, and yes Rick, it's all your fault. :roll:

Pizza Stone....I guess perhaps I will look into one, or maybe few bricks? For now, to tide me over.

I'm planning on throwing another one on within the next two days. Gonna' try it with some lump this time.

Hmmm, toppings...?

Thanks for the comments folks, and yes Rick, it's all your fault. :roll:

Pizza Stone....I guess perhaps I will look into one, or maybe few bricks? For now, to tide me over.

I'm planning on throwing another one on within the next two days. Gonna' try it with some lump this time.

Hmmm, toppings...?

Might I suggest pulled pork and extra cheese.

Back