THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bdsankey

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
I am wondering if vertical pellet smokers are worth a darn? My 30" masterbuilt has seen better days and I am looking at replacing it. I have been looking at the Pit Boss copperhead series 5 or 7 for their width and wondering if they are decent quality? I've come to accept the fact I can't get one cooker to do everything (which is honestly for the best) so I am wondering if a vertical pellet smoker is better than getting a horizontal like a conventional pellet grill/cooker?

Well Pit Boss recently increased the warranty to five years so it looks like they believe in their product. I have the Copperhead 5 and that joker seems pretty solid to me. There are a couple of threads here on the front page concerning the 5 that you should check out.

Pit Boss Copperhead 5 is my first experience with pellet smoker but I really like it. It's easy to use and I've been very happy with all the food I've cooked on it. I've been cooking for years on 18" WSM and 24" Big Kamado Joe and I feel like Copperhead 5 puts out equally good food as those two cookers and is even easier to use. The smoke profile is definitely lighter on Copperhead but my family and I actually prefer that. I bought the smoker on Walmart clearance for $109 but having used it couple times now, I would be willing pay full price for it. I love the extra large capacity and I love the ease of use. I'm sold on pellet cooking.

Back