THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to wrap after just a bit over 4hrs. At this point heat is heat and I would normally just chuck into an oven depending how much attention I want to spend and fuel to use vs the oven. But for this go round I'm running it the whole time in the smoker. I should have put just 5lbs in there to see how much it burns down, but I put all 40 in there.

Doing a raised pan wrap on the brisket and adding in some au jus so there is extra sauce
yNQWyEVl.jpg

jrbFQh3l.jpg

Here's the butt and I stole a bit and there is color in the meat and tasted good
sZPehOOl.jpg

t3n2MAwl.jpg

LPVOGmul.jpg

Brisket wrapping and both back in. I'll check it after it hits 204
t3n2MAwl.jpg

NPhF9hAl.jpg

htmYbJwl.jpg

iYmVFBDl.jpg

474XyvEl.jpg

gOFeNfOl.jpg

So far no complaints. Maybe I'll do a post cook video reflection on my thoughts and feelings and emotional state......after a few more steele reserves :-D :shock:

Thanks for a review-cook. I am very interested in getting one eventually, after my current Pitboss gives out. (Not sure how long, since mine has been going for about 4 years now).

Pit Boss grills are pretty dependable... Just follow the instructions, always preheat your grill correctly before every cook and keep that burn pot/ fire pot clean.. Oh and since, Sept. 2018 it’s backed by a 5 year warranty too. Your owners manual may say 1 year warranty, just register it with Pit Boss and You’ll be covered for 5... Your cook looks nice, keep us posted.

PB Austin XL in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Last edited:
Is that the deckle right there? Seems rather thick but maybe it’s the lighting. Looks good in sauce though!

Hows the smoke flavor?

So lighter than my shirley, but I was extremely impressed by the flavor. Wife gave the same feedback and liked it. Friends that came over could tell no difference and they've had a lot of our stuff.

The time I did a big cook on a friends 2 traegers it was similar (milder smoke, but still very much there). The brisket was banging. The cubed up point was really good.

Time to wrap after just a bit over 4hrs. At this point heat is heat and I would normally just chuck into an oven depending how much attention I want to spend and fuel to use vs the oven. But for this go round I'm running it the whole time in the smoker. I should have put just 5lbs in there to see how much it burns down, but I put all 40 in there.

Doing a raised pan wrap on the brisket and adding in some au jus so there is extra sauce
yNQWyEVl.jpg

jrbFQh3l.jpg

Here's the butt and I stole a bit and there is color in the meat and tasted good
sZPehOOl.jpg

t3n2MAwl.jpg

LPVOGmul.jpg

Brisket wrapping and both back in. I'll check it after it hits 204
t3n2MAwl.jpg

NPhF9hAl.jpg

htmYbJwl.jpg

iYmVFBDl.jpg

474XyvEl.jpg

gOFeNfOl.jpg

So far no complaints. Maybe I'll do a post cook video reflection on my thoughts and feelings and emotional state......after a few more steele reserves :-D :shock:
We should do a conference call about our cooks and record it... it probably wouldn't be PC but it definitely would be NSFW. :loco:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What a fun day! Very impressive cooking and that pellet muncher appears to hold its own :)

Pretty crazy to think a $109 pooper can hang with a $$$ stick burner in its ability to produce a fantastic end product.

Thanks for taking us along!!!

Back