THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm using a cheap steel pizza pan from walmart. Firing up the new PBC as I type this. I'll let you know how the pan worked out.

Yea it'l do fine Andrew. It's something similar that i have in the bottom of my Big Poppa. It's my catch all for ash and grease gunk. All I have to do is empty it out after every few cooks and quickly scrape off any of that grease gunk.

OK the first cook on my new PBC. Beef ribs and trimmed spares (St. Louis style) plus trimmings.

20150607_151713_zpsqp6ek9pt.jpg

Haha...the double-hooker!

Lol yep! I was wondering if anyone would notice. :becky:

I wasn't sure the beef ribs would hold with one hook as the meat portion is thin. I didn't wanna throw in the grate either.

By the way. I've got a temp probe in as you can see. I'm trying not to mess with anything and just see what the temperature does. I'll let you know when it's over what I found.

Yep that's the one. I did something silly though as I hammered it to try and make it flat. Was worried about airflow. It didn't really get flat but oh well. It'll work for what I bought it for. :crazy:

Lol, it is a very sturdy pan. That's what I initially thought of doing but figured it would defeat the purpose of catching the ashes especially when taking the pan out. Haven't had issues with airflow.

Lol, it is a very sturdy pan. That's what I initially thought of doing but figured it would defeat the purpose of catching the ashes especially when taking the pan out. Haven't had issues with airflow.

Do you attach the pan to the bottom of the coal basket? Or, just let it sit in the bottom and reach down to pull it out for cleaning?

Do you attach the pan to the bottom of the coal basket? Or, just let it sit in the bottom and reach down to pull it out for cleaning?

I know that was asked of ssv3 but I did not attach mine to the coal basket. I will just pull it out after. I usually take the coal basket out and place it in my weber kettle when I'm done cooking to put out the coals. The pan would get in the way if I attached it.

I know that was asked of ssv3 but I did not attach mine to the coal basket. I will just pull it out after. I usually take the coal basket out and place it in my weber kettle when I'm done cooking to put out the coals. The pan would get in the way if I attached it.

I just sit it at the bottom and take it out separately like Andrew.

One of the brethren did this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you Andrew.....it was a lot of fun....had time to do some yard work and auto washing while letting PBC work its magic.....was a great day.......more pics.....

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_123144392.jpg
    IMG_20150606_123144392.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20150606_200250261_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150606_200250261_HDR.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 244
Coming along good so far. Anyone know how long it takes beef ribs to cook? I guess I can probe them with a tooth pic. They are looking close. Check out the pull back on the bone. Spares still have some time to go.

20150607_170424_zpsxbscwnll.jpg

Coming along good so far. Anyone know how long it takes beef ribs to cook? I guess I can probe them with a tooth pic. They are looking close. Check out the pull back on the bone. Spares still have some time to go.

20150607_170424_zpsxbscwnll.jpg

Looking real nice. Different beef ribs take different times, as long as they are tooth pic tender then pull them. Some beef ribs I foil partway into the cook if they still need to tenderize so the inside can catch up with the outside (so to speak)

Pull em, wrap and rest

I probed them and I'd say 15-20 min max they'll be done. They are thin so the inside seems to be getting tender as the outside is forming a flavorful crust. These are gonna be good. My first time too!:becky:

Edit: I'm digging the double hook thing too. They feel very sturdy.

Back