THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallboy, the ribs will look dry just before the pig juices get flowing :becky: it's normal. Only thing I would say about saucing at that point is it may have been a little early. Otherwise you should be good. :thumb:

Decided to cook a brisket.

20# Prime, about 14# after trimming. Probably enough for 3 adults and a couple kids, no?
IMG_20160131_083159_zpsxhhh051v.jpg

Salt and pepper, equal weight.
IMG_20160131_091608_zpsvz0chk1e.jpg

The thing was LONG, tip of the flat was touching the coal basket when I tried to hang it, so I started off hanging from the lower hook (a la the smokeyribs.com video, but forgot to do a third hook).

After a couple hours it looked about ready to fall of the hook, so I switched to a U-shape, hanging from both the point and the flat. Looks a little silly, but it worked
IMG_20160131_133014_zpsi1l3jqsx.jpg

After 4 1/2 hours - before wrapping
IMG_20160131_133626_zpsf9bqwzzi.jpg

Went with parchment paper (don't have butcher paper). It stalled around 190* after 4 hours in the paper, so I switched to foil and moved to the oven at 315*. Took another 3 hours to get to probe tender, but the house smells GREAT!

Finished product - not the best pic, but very tasty.
IMG_20160131_204236_zps3fwwtre9.jpg

Howdy,
Very nice cooks gents! Mine turned out pretty good, I have to say. The ribs were juicy and just shy of off the bone. Almost lost a rack into the fire but was able to grab it with my gloved hand. Cooked for 3, sauced and cooked another hour, sauced and cooked 30 minutes. 3 racks, only 3 ribs remain thanks to neighbors and friends. The very tip of one rack got a little char due to it being pretty much on the coal, however the inside was perfectly cooked, almost like burnt ends. Very proud of this cook.

Attachments

• 20160131_171759.jpg
    20160131_171759.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 260
Looks great, tallboy!

Thank you! They're a lil bit under sauced but we're tasty as hell. My stupid a$$ forgot to check the sauce reserves before I pulled them. I'd forgotten I used up most of the good stuff on the pulled pork from last week.

Attachments

• 20160131_171804.jpg
    20160131_171804.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 257
Hey Pit Barrel Crew, I finally got around to uploading the photos I took of the PBC unboxing and inaugural cook. Click here I've been thrilled with this this and how long the coals will last.

Hey Pit Barrel Crew, I finally got around to uploading the photos I took of the PBC unboxing and inaugural cook. Click here I've been thrilled with this this and how long the coals will last.

Awesome pics and Tri Tip Chris. :thumb: I've gotten 8 hours easily on the PBC which is sufficient time to cook pretty much everything in it.

I'm going to smoke a large boneless pork loin this weekend. I'm going to hang it in the PBC. What IT should i bring it up to? I know 165 is what you're looking for...should i pull it sooner and let it carry over? I did a pork tenderloin on my Weber kettle...pulled it at 165 but it carried on over to almost 180.

I'm going to smoke a large boneless pork loin this weekend. I'm going to hang it in the PBC. What IT should i bring it up to? I know 165 is what you're looking for...should i pull it sooner and let it carry over? I did a pork tenderloin on my Weber kettle...pulled it at 165 but it carried on over to almost 180.

I pull em @145

Bobeque that's a nice plate of chicken and ribs there.
Ertothenol that brisket look nice....Most of the time I end up with mine in the oven.lol
Tallboy I wouldn't mind a couple of those bones for supper.

Back