Pit at Sam's Club

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Was at Sam's Club just now and saw a pit. Couldn't find it on the website, but I think this may be it: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=377163. Problem is, there is no price, no picture, and the overview is for toilet tank cleaning tablets! It was about $225, and was built to be both a grill and a smoker. Adjustable coal grates in the main smoking chamber, square design, and a full offset firebox too. Something very similar to a Klose Grill Chef Smoker, but obviously much cheaper. The metal was uber-thin, like what they make a char-broil Santa Fe out of. About the same space, but with the offset firebox to grill or smoke. Not as good as the NBSS due to thickness, but better than the Santa Fe. Thought it was worth checking out.

dmp

Individualy wrapped 3" tablet
Slow dissolving
Stabilized Chlorine
Totally soluble
This is what it said in the overview of it.

The only problem I have seen with that is the fact that you have to use chips. The drawer is very small and would have to be refilled a lot on longer smokes.

I saw the other one at Sam's last week. It looks ok. There is no stack, just an adjustable vent on the end of the cook chamber that looked kinda small. I liked the looks of it as a charcoal grill. The cook chamber did look a little more sturdy that a Char Griller. With a few mods, it might be o.k.

Don't think I'll be cooking much of anything but dogs and burgers on it but I got me one of these 8 burner Big Event Grills from Sam's that's gonna be mounted on my new Stump's 3 x 5 offset with insulated door and firebox mounted on a 12 ft trailer. The gasser will be behind or on the other side of the trailer and will be setting at cooking hight. This ought to make one dynomite party rig and I may add a 3 gal deep fryer to the front of the two cookers. So Sam's does have some stuff you can use alright, that's for sure.

Big Event Grill

Back