Piggy Time in Culver City

Looks/sounds like a great time Greg!! Wish I lived closer. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great looking piggy.

Lee and I will be out there 2'ish.

Looking forward to fantastic food and even better company. Definitely miss ya farkers.

Can't wait to try John's cowgirl inspired salsa
cbbs-10.jpg

Bringing a strawberry cream cheese dessert to go with Greg's awesome lemon box pie

Thank you Greg and Shannon for another wonderful time.

The pig today was the best yet - you are really perfecting it.

Great to hang with Greg, Marty, Neil and John. Especially nice to have MrsMista (Phyllis) and Mrs. "Smokin John" (Jennifer) joining us as well. Missed Moose, Silverfinger and Tonybel - hope to see y'all soon.

Will upload some additional pics in the morning, once I sleep off the food coma

Here is my favorite though
100_2345.jpg

Last edited:
"Fear the Pig?" Pigs fear Neil!

Sounds like a great time Greg!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Many thanks for another great time at your place, Greg. The pig was off the hook - best yet. You're really getting sausage making down also. Everything was fantastic. You, your family, and friends made me feel welcome and really helped a brother out. I had waitress service all evening. I could get used to that! I did miss helping with the pig picking, but John jumped right in and did a great job.
I'm hoping to be more mobile at the bash and look forward to seeing all the farkers there.
I only got a couple of pics of the pig - here they are.

Still looking at the foil on my nose!

Greg and John picking the pig.

First cut.

Thanks again, Greg. Looking forward to some pork and those tasty beans again today.:hail:

Holy chit that was fun! It was great to have everybody there. I didn't get a whole lot of pix but here goes:

Well guess who's been coughing up who-knows-what this morning. :tsk:

FullSizeRender-120.jpg

I think these beans may have gone over particularly well due to the fact that fatties were dripping into them. I hope nobody's getting blood work done today. :shocked:

FullSizeRender-119.jpg

I was happy with how this piggy turned out. I foiled it pretty early on.

FullSizeRender-121.jpg

Like I said, I was happy with the way this pig turned out.

FullSizeRender-122.jpg

The Brethren corner! :rockon:

FullSizeRender-123.jpg

It was great seeing everyone yesterday, especially my Brethren Brothers, and especially Marty and John - I know it can be hard to get out with health challenges, be around food you can't really eat, etc. so I really appreciate you guys coming out and hanging out with us. John - you did an awesome job stepping in for Marty on breaking down the pig. I never made it over to the sides table to check out what all everybody brought. :tsk: but I did get a hold of Neil's hot links and whatever else made it over to the cooking area.

Cooking note - this was the first whole pig I injected - used the Chris Lily recipe (with salt cut in half). Did a 4x batch and shot it up 12 hours prior to cooking per PatAttack's advice. It worked out really well - I got a lot of comments that this pig had a little something different and better going on than the other pigs, so there ya go. Also - I'm glad I learned about probe tender here, as I was reading low temps like 175 or so in the shoulders and hams but I knew that farker was ready by how it felt.

So here's where how amazing this place is comes into play - I learned how to cook this thing from info gathered here and I have these awesome friends I met here come over to hang out with me and, as well as bring their killer dishes with them. This just simply would not have happened were it not for this site right here. Scott, Neil, John, Marty, and y'alls friends and spouses - it's always good to see you guys and look forward to more good times in the future with all y'all...like say in a few weeks? :whoo: Hope to be seeing silverfinger, moose, ssv3, Tonybel, and all y'all other SoCal fakers at the Bash October 3 at Moose's!

And Ray - I think the pig was staring at my avatar. :shocked:

Last edited:
Here's couple of pics

FRXPqFKGcDOcJPsFYCnwPE0HoUA2IR7zkbBCgCVvrlHnyuwr0km-LBQpBwgOggPbQjcp4yzm0yC_DD_SgpaoDTZlSeOVU9Y1Nm5KvFaWs_awJ48YkBlphOjH42E-qCa66fsPw3IT6ckKvRZuwYOqT2yMUruHW3m3TQZIe3pZdpw_aEMGZE1HlTzDu1HWo0AlRGsjNBwTPAt-lPB6-DTF8hxiJYH6h3cVCB-moAR4Su3Wr9pfz2Jv2djGxsuMgkxBp3pxNmZxj53DHQYL_adVggYy-twYRx5IQSAk9bbiP7Si6f1tv7WnOxEgdrbP8Ue3Ts6Cx51rxMGtSHgxduQVCinDg9Q2G_EfKDkdUl6t3lJ8tp7YDBBCszsdE7f7lnoPIdQCq6IIArJaka1GGbTVLgtxgsplsEYosVxA88a09OKc3SjFYiB4apNnCLQ75jIperDMizu2q_VQxuTas85_ebUvQfAiAPjpEpsira3Wi_URM8yKMevk0yxUhayh8717BjnBpbo3z7UeK3R0mRYV3y2J=w1693-h952-no

RlWuv5kVjPGmUMTeoRKDRhXyfhq2BqPBkBV1wVmkiHdRpfX7S1p5rq4xQeej6yYRwcBFW5KOodOYAuAGNrs2c84_Fo0G0IBxGNo31pKA06bHA53sExdfZAx2oifc7b-CtJaLEmSbNPZ1ePpID7YYtOfsza2lenoGl9LSAANtOs99OGkELTA9h7Z3w-lYJM7aOPQnq3P4JjmHzEbsCG-P1nzCUvKKQI73k3eYFql1TC2hnS8WEkp3LEFp5ays2mdztxN0tc91Nzh1ld90recGW0BV68rM_CnLf4kY-ePpZw9ew_TeOwwRmAWDdX1F3nkQf2nNxHp9dyj30zuw6GG5fz8pg9c9LFGdErJdLV4LPSpxz5koAO5Nnkfu0JUzgWf524kyz1ycn2bYY5X47sJAw9cTVWXZRBdM8rItKtBR4g2vm1vXY6fscb_NbgViGDf88XlSI5YNdQ04mQ9aFLS2jW433UctsX90KfZuIY650RiOf1qmY8DYBRNd_sWqC0C6Q1v8WEEhSakVpQnAlHEuQsl7=w1693-h952-no

Had a great time as always in spite of being in an accident on the way there. (We're fine. His truck was trashed. The Suburban didn't have a scratch. Hurray trailer hitch!)

Food was great. I got my cheeks. really enjoyed the jambalaya and Greg's beef sausage.

I did come up with a new Brethren sandwich. French roll, Pineapple-habanero Texas Pepper Jelly, Greg's pork with the Chris Lilly injection, Keri C's hog apple beans and Deguerre's slaw. You talk about some good eatin!!!!!

Love you brothers! Looking forward to the bash!!!

Back