THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1911Ron

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Ron
My wife and I were discussing how some of the pig shots had tipped over while cooking and spilled the filling out :cry: we came up with the idea to make racks to hold them with a slight pressure to keep them upright. My wife used to be a sheet metal worker at the power plant we worked at so we decided to fabricate the racks ourselves, we are using an expanded metal sheet that is cut into the size we need and bending the sides up.
IMG_20240521_145339159.jpg

IMG_20240521_145350537.jpg

gotta admit, that sounds really good. Now kick it up a notch and stuff a jalapeno with smoked sausage and that cheese mixture, and wrap in bacon.

I wonder if you could use the mini cupcake pans for pig shots?
eZKhUhC.jpg

I wonder if you could use the mini cupcake pans for pig shots?
eZKhUhC.jpg
We used Ramekins for something else that had a bacon wrap and the problem was that the bacon grease had nowhere to go. Half way through the cook you were supposed to remove the bacon wrapped meat and crisp up the bacon but the grease was an issue.

gotta admit, that sounds really good. Now kick it up a notch and stuff a jalapeno with smoked sausage and that cheese mixture, and wrap in bacon.

Basically how I do my poppers....jalapeno stuffed with chorizo, cream cheese, shredded cheese (made into a pipeable mixture)...wrapped in bacon.

Back