Pig candy (With pics!)

The drippings just go to the bottom of the pit in the trap area.

SmokeInDaEye said:

I'd make that, but then what would we do with all the vomit?
puke_posticon.gif
puke_posticon.gif
puke_posticon.gif

I was just in town, thought about turning left and going to sams. Not feeling my best today so I turned right and headed for home. I sit down at my computer and as always I arrive here first. Now it looks like I'm headed to sams for some bacon. Maybe a little smoke will make me feel a little better.

Like a dog that couldn't drop a bone, I had to make some pig candy too. It's been on my mind since Joe posted his pictures.

Just put this batch on. I went with straight Dizzy Dust for now and will add some brown sugar & pepper toward the end.

DSC01586a.jpg

Boy Howdy, Joe you sure got something going on here - I think your pics said bout all a feller needed to say. Like one or two others said, I don't know how I missed this tread - but I can assure you I will be making up for lost time real soon.

The first batch (about 25 slices) was gone in three days.
Going to have to get some more of that thick bacon on next shopping trip.

Note to self, talk to food service.

The chit vaporized! I only got one slice. :frown: You never remember how long it's been until that first bite.

DSC01594a.jpg

Okay ... the pig candy was so good last night I just made 2# to take to the local saloon for happy hour. Wasn't going to take any more pictures, that is until I noticed which section of the paper I used to drain it.

dsc01600bL.jpg

I knew I had to make this for the Super Bowl party as soon as I saw the pictures. I thought, how can you taste 1 teaspoon of pepper in 2 cups of sugar? But I followed the recipe. Man they came out perfect-sweet and smoking with just a hint of bite at the end. Every single person who tried it, liked it. This will become a staple at my house.

Ok I am hooked. This is going to be the first thing I try and cook with a little help from thillin. Well once our fridge/freezer gets fixed! This stuff looks addictive! So is this site going to make me fat? :lol:

I did a new twist with the pig candy at my super bowl party. I cut the bacon in thirds and wraped the bacon around little smokies sausages, then covered it with brown sugar and smoked.
Here is a pic of my final product (pic isn't great). It was the first thing gone from the food table and I have requests to make more.

Attachments

• pics3 002_edited.jpg
    pics3 002_edited.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 130
Midnight,

The ingenuity of the Brothers never ceases to amaze me!

Saving that idea for sure!

Thanks.

TIM

Back