Pics of the coolest UDS you've seen???

I'm partial to my redneck freestyle hand drawn flames.
IMG_1044.jpg

The love of my life!

Attachments

• DSC_0289 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0289 (Small).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC_0298 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0298 (Small).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 507
what are they called?

what are the little hole adapter bung things called that allow this one to have the temp probes in the side? I want to do something like this but am afraid it will hurt my airflow. Does homedepot sell these? How hard are they to install?
conedone.jpg

Jason

what are the little hole adapter bung things called that allow this one to have the temp probes in the side? I want to do something like this but am afraid it will hurt my airflow. Does homedepot sell these? How hard are they to install?
Jason

Halex 1/2 clamp connector/Home Depot90661 $2.05eaHalex 1/2"lock nutHome Depot26190 bag of 6 $.73

Drill the hole, insert the clamp connector, lock washer on the inside.
The rubber grommet doesn't quite clamp the thermo probe cable tight enough to make it seal tight. Under some heavy smoking, I've seen a few puffs of smoke come out of the top one. Not enough of an air leak to create any temperature regulation issues.

This one is kinda nice:

Here is a pic of Tuffy's:

These were all made by Jeff Spurgeon.

Attachments

• Phil's new can.jpg
    Phil's new can.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 763
  • Tuffy's new cans.JPG
    Tuffy's new cans.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 765
Halex 1/2 clamp connector/Home Depot90661 $2.05eaHalex 1/2"lock nutHome Depot26190 bag of 6 $.73

The rubber grommet doesn't quite clamp the thermo probe cable tight enough to make it seal tight. Under some heavy smoking, I've seen a few puffs of smoke come out of the top one. Not enough of an air leak to create any temperature regulation issues.

Not to hijack the thread but I saw these too.

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/product.gc?ID=32

I only have photos of mine...

Attachments

• DSC05560_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg
    DSC05560_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 715

Picked up two of these tonight and they will be on my drum by Saturday. Thanks for another innovative tip!

Bump --

Brothers you are inspiring and ingenious.

I hope that others will continue to share their creations.

Getting lots of ideas for me and my SnL.

Okay, okay, twist my arm- here's mine. I call it the Silver Bullet. It's a stainless steel UDS, with a third of another drum for the lid. The second picture shows the latest mod- a smoke stake and rain cap- SS, of course!

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Back