Picnic Shoulder

Scott:

I dont want to "hog" the conversaiton but I didn't state my rationale so here it is:

Protective it is. But not like a fat cap. More like a shoe sole. Only cheweyer. After all, it really is pig skin.

Scott:

If you we to ROAST it at a higher temp then yes by all means leave the skin on. Smoking it take it off, however in my house if the Mrs say so that is that was it is so LEAVE IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trout

Trout_man22 said:
Scott:

If you we to ROAST it at a higher temp then yes by all means leave the skin on. Smoking it take it off, however in my house if the Mrs say so that is that was it is so LEAVE IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trout

Take out turkey fryer, heat oil to 400, and make pork rinds with it

chicharones with tabasco: zero carbs

Take out turkey fryer, heat oil to 400, and make pork rinds with it

Have you tried this before or just an idea?

Yeah it'll work but $10 of oil for $1 worth of chicharones? Not me.

Come back and tell us what you think about it compared to a butt. I've done one, and I just wasn't as impressed as I was with the "butta meat".
I didn't like it as good as a boston this time either. Next time I'll approach the whole thing a bit differently. Bagged the bones (I like a good pot of beans w/cornbread too!) will sauce up the leftovers for pork sandwiches. It kept my brisket from being lonely in the smoker. Not every experiment turns out to be a fatty, this one definitely wasn't.

Back