Philly Cheez Wit

I love Philadelphia.........The locals are so passionate about their cheesesteaks! Gotta throw my 2 cents in also:

1. I concurr about the bread........cannot be duplicated (must be the wudder!)
2. I prefer Pat's over Geno's (always my first stop after getting off the plane at PHL....nothing like standing in line at midnight for this tasty treat.
3. Jim's & Tony Luke's are awesome too!
4. Next time I go home I wanna try DiNic's Roast Pork (heard it's good & have only experienced Tony Luke's RP thus far)

I really miss the food out there!!!

My two favorite places for cheesesteaks is Steve's Prince of steaks and Delassandros. I think they both have Genos and Pats beat. Genos and Pats are more tourist traps now, but between the two I'd pick Pats. Also it has to be Kraft Cheese Whiz.

It is difficult to beat Delsandros. My brother use to order 3- 2 with sauce and 1 without so they would not think they were all for him- they were.
You are right about the Bread- that does make the sandwhich. Primo Hoagies has good bread

It is difficult to beat Delsandros. My brother use to order 3- 2 with sauce and 1 without so they would not think they were all for him- they were.
You are right about the Bread- that does make the sandwhich. Primo Hoagies has good bread

Your right Big George, Primo does make some good bread, I love the sesame seeds. If you head over to the Cook it Like a Brisket Throwdown you can even vote for it! That goes for the rest of you too. The home team could use some votes! :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125638

Sonnys is my favorite when it comes to steaks. I did not like dinics roast pork. Johns has short day hours only. Its always closed when im arond there.

Back