THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBBD

is one Smokin' Farker
While smoking the bacon this am http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145481

I was looking at our remaining outside basil plants and decided to attempt some pesto-ish sausage, So picked up a butt to grind and ended up with this (wife tying link portions) Basil, Locatelli, Pignoli, garlic,salt

linktying.jpg

Unfortunately this is the first time we have used collagen casings (were in a sample pack i had ordered) and the one we cooked to go with dinner blew out/disintegrated. Homemade ravioli and sage butter

wravis.jpg

So now my question... While the sausage had good flavor the casing issue is not acceptable... Is this common with col casings? I had read to not soak or use for poaching sausages but we fried, they we not over stuffed... ?? I can't see trying these in a smoke situation

Back