Perfecting the edible Chicken skin

Good points, all, Tim. The stars continue to shine, regardless of the judging crews. I think it just goes to show they (the sanctioning bodies) must be doing SOMETHING right.

rookiedad said:
perhaps trying to get a bbq competition fairly is like trying to put shoes on a duck! i'm not calling into question the credibility of the judges, i'm sure they try to be as fair as possible, its just that there is no standard to be judged against. its not a public kind of thing where the results can be scrutinized by spectators or other competitors and when it gets right down to it it is all based on personal opinion anyway. all these factors and i'm sure some more contribute to it being very hard IMHO to get a bbq competition judged fairly and objectivly. please do not take offense to this. i would like to hear what others have to say. thanks.
phil

Phil,

The judge should only base his score on how it tastes, how tender it is and how it looks. It should make no difference what cut of meat you are asked to judge as long as it is legal. If people could put their prejudices aside and do what they were asked to for only a couple of hours the judging would be much fairer. To me this doesn't seem like a very hard thing to do. If people could put their preconcieved opinions away for just a few hours. It's not hard to do if you try.

Back