Pellet smokers Please help!

Ive been happy with the flavor profile from my Mak...while all else being equal I would prefer food cooked on the Shirley, I run a clean fire in it and the Mak gets close enough for me that the convenience factor is worth whatever I "miss". I have a brisket on the Mak today but have other things going on around the house...if my only option for smoking was the Shirley, I would not be able to cook at all today. It sounds to me like being relatively hands off is important to you, so you probably made the right choice going the pellet direction over the LSG.

I would love to have the LSG IVC....bright yellow...to roll out of my garage but the WSM's do the same job. The 20x42 offset would make me feel like a real BBQ practitioner but just don't want the hassle. I will no doubt have a learning curve with the pellet smoker but in the end I think I will be happy with the extra capacity and simplicity.

You absolutely want the two
Piece diffuser on the yoder. They shouldn’t even offer the solid one imo

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree. Same with larger casters on some units that are options rather than standard. And even a cheap cover thrown in would be nice at some of the dollars that are spent on some units.

If anyone is familiar with Rec Tec is that funky looking smoke box of any practical use if you don't smoke cheese or fish?

Back