Pellet grill wings temp

Hot Spot

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Bob
Just wondered, what temp you cook wings at on the pellet grill. Kettle wings are done at higher temps unless smoking, but looking at videos, most use 325 or 350 on a pellet grill. Anyone use higher temps?

350° start to finish produces really good wings on my pellet muncher. I'd suggest starting there with your first batch and adjust to your liking on the next round if needed.

Edit: I forgot you have a MAK. I always remove the Flame Zone covers for wings for that extra punch of heat. Works very well.

Which rack do you put them on? I have the 1 star and wonder if they would be ok on the bottom rack, or too close too the heat.

I have only used the bottom grate for wings. 350° with FZ covers removed combined with the radiant heat from the drip pan works really well. Flip every 10 mins for about 30 mins and start checking for doneness. I think my last batch took about 40 mins. I like them at 180-195 internal doneness.

Last edited:
400* start to finish, with a light dusting of baking powder added to whatever spices.
Take off around 190*, I've only used the top rack on my Recteq 1070.

Part of this will depend upon which model and year MAK that you have, my older MAK 1 Star cooked differently than my newer one. Original model I was fine cooking at 275° for about 90 minutes, flipping once. On the newer model, I turn it up to 300°, still flipping once. I do not remove the Flamezone covers, as a matter fact, I keep them foiled for easier clean up.

Back