Peanut Butter Bread

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I know - not bbq'd, not grilled, not cooked outside. This recipe popped up in my Google News feed today. Yeah, I know Google tracks my interests, etc. , someday I'll change the settings. I guess this recipe has been making the rounds on the internet but it's the first I've come across it. It looked interesting and easy so why not give it a try. I like bread, I like peanut butter...

It's a recipe from a 1932 Five Roses Flour cookbook using minimal and more than likely ingredients you'd have on hand -

There's a video on the referenced Glen & Friends YouTube channel, worth a watch.

No prep pics, it's all pretty easy in a single bowl. Dry ingredients first followed by the milk and then the peanut butter. I used chunky since that's what we buy. Here's the bread just out of the oven at 45 minutes -

Cooling -

Sliced -

Served with Jelly, of course -

An interesting recipe, makes a good snack. Discussions on reddit say it's good toasted or as French toast. We'll see how it fares in the morning. I think it turned out with more of a cake consistency than bread.

If you've seen the recipe and have been wondering about it, there you go.

I may make it again.

Regards,
-lunchman

What a great idea. Will have to give this a try. I wonder what it would taste like using a beer bread recipe with PB2?

Looks good. Is Five Roses Flour related to Four Roses Bourbon?

I think the addition of bourbon might help. :mrgreen:

Some morning after thoughts. I browned a few slices in my CI skillet. They toasted up nicely. Not gonna bother posting pics.

My honest opinion about this bread is Meh. It's okay and perhaps the alternate recipe version with the eggs might be better. It's not a recipe I would make over and over again and am not sure why it's getting such internet hype. I'd much prefer baking a banana bread.

It was worth the time and ingredients to experiment though.

-Dom

Back