PBC Wings 3 ways!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
So its been a while since I've entered a Throw Down and I noticed there's a wing TD going on. I LOVE wings from the PBC so I thought I'd give this TD a shot. I'm doing Wings 3 Ways.....Honey Sriracha, Special HOT, and Tajin. The Honey Sriracha and Special Hot will be sauced from recipes I have (though not recipes I created. I'm not that talented :biggrin1:). The Tajin will be seasoned with Tajin seasoning and will remain dry.

Here are the wings getting ready. I separated the ones I will use for the Tajin and the others will get a simple spice rub consisting for salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and baking powder. The Tajin will get olive oil and Tajin seasoning.

rpjKPWW.jpg

Here they are all seasoned up ready for the PBC...

5qxS7Mz.jpg

In the PBC getting ready for the party!

xNgiqv4.jpg

While the wings cook I prepared the two sauces. Here's what's going in them along with a picture of the Tajin seasoning for those who are unaware what it is. VERY good stuff!!

For the Honey Sriracha:
iB0eF8n.jpg

For the Special Hot!:
7NDYroi.jpg

Tajin Seasoning:
iChaXYy.jpg

Had to thicken the Special Hot. Here it is all ready....THis is good stuff too!
gWwBM73.jpg

Wings are done. Took about an hour. Temps about 310-330*
Theses will be split up for the Special Hot and Honey Sriracha:
dPlGMvo.jpg

These are the Tajin all done:
hNw6tj6.jpg

I coated the Honey Sriracha and Special Hot then plated all 3. Let me know what you think! Hey if you have a suggestion which PLATED pic I should use for the TD that'd be great too. They are numbered 1-5.. :becky: I think I'm leaning towards #3 or #4.......Thanks for lookin! :thumb:

nlZoGE8.jpg

CRJlQNG.jpg

JRSMBF2.jpg

YODPJxn.jpg

kMBBTGs.jpg

Thanks for all the comment guys! A couple of you mentioned the camera work. Ironically these were taken from my phone. Google Pixel 2 xl. It does take great photos!

Ring a ding ding those are some fine looking chicken appendages. I like plate 3 the best but they all look great.

Solid work, Andrew! You do the PBC proud.

Thanks Kanco! I try! :biggrin1:

You guys keep posting wing pics like this, and the price of wings is going to skyrocket.
Gonna have to try some of these.

Thanks fellas!

Mighty fine looking wings Andrew.

Thanks Marty....Your wings looked great too!

Ring a ding ding those are some fine looking chicken appendages. I like plate 3 the best but they all look great.

Thanks Bob....That's 2 votes for pic 3. I may have to use that one.

Bam! Killer wangs Andrew.

Thanks brother!

Nice job the wings look amazing. I need/want to do wings in the worst way just can't justify the almost $4 bucks a pound.

Oh Man those look Fantastic!

Thanks Mike!!

Nice job the wings look amazing. I need/want to do wings in the worst way just can't justify the almost $4 bucks a pound.

Thanks Bill. Yeah I get all my meat from the commissary at Tinker AFB. I work on base so its easy. I cant remember what I paid for the package but I know it wasnt $4 a pound!

Back