Patience Pays Off

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
It helps that I don't do any cooking (besides what I would normally) for Super Bowl Sunday. Kroger has had choice brisket on sale for the last week for $1.77 and Market Street had it for $1.88. After looking at the stock at 4 locations, I gave up on brisket and did butt and St. Louis cut spares (both also on special) on Thursday. Yesterday, I was doing regular weekend shopping and saw a handful of briskets left at one of the Kroger locations marked down to $1.49 with a sell by date of 2/5. I found a nicely marbled 11.5 pound choice that had far less fat cap or hard fat than the ones I had looked at earlier in the week, so I grabbed it with intention of starting it tonight on the Copperhead and having it ready for lunch tomorrow. Stopped at WinCo around lunch today to pick up some zero calorie energy drinks which I am far more addicted to than BBQ. Out of habit, I wandered through the meat department. Brisket was cheap ($1.78 I think), but the smallest one I even saw was about 14 pounds and clearly I didn't need it. In a different spot than normal though, I saw a huge pile of choice tri-tip for $2.98. I grabbed a 3.25 and a 2.75 pounder that were both extremely well marbled. The little one went in the freezer. They both had a sell by of 2/7, so I'll probably cook up the big one at the end of the week. WinCo is one of the few places around here that sell tri-tip regularly, and they normally sell it for a little over $5 per. As I was typing this, SWMBO told me I already had a tri-tip in the freezer. I might have to pull that one out and replace it with the other one from today since it wasn't being cooked for a few days.

Done yet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just looked, and the flat is showing 187. Trying to run slow to avoid opening the box and messing with the brisket in the dark. I haven't touched the door since I closed it and took this picture.

Too afraid to mess with the concrete?

9f8687e481e9ba6da1f0ee7ae4efa449.jpg

Back