Past Weekend Cook

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
So Friday night I decided to do a flank steak.

Butterflied it open. Stuffed with baby spinach, mushrooms, sweet peppers. Seasoned with some Naturiffic Peppry Lime. Cooked on the 26 Kettle indirect until a nice medium rare. Turned out great. Served with some grilled corn and a salad.

Saturday I had a coworker and his wife and child over.

Decided to keep with the stuffed theme. Got a pork loin. Brined it with some brown sugar and Naturiffic Gingery Orange for about six hours. Rolled cut and stuffed with pistachios, apricots, apricot preserves, and sausage. Threw it on the Trager at 225 and went for about 2.5 hours until about 150 IT. About 1.5 hours in I threw on some deer sausage stuffed with jalapenos and cheese. Served with Squash and Zucchini Casserole and Sweet Potatoes.

And then finally on Sunday, we had our church small group meeting. We decided to do a shrimp boil. Kept it pretty simple since its a larger group of people. Shrimp, Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Kielbasa. Three packs of Zatarain's Crab Boil mix and a good helping of Old Bay. (We kept the spices down because there were kids and some who didn't like extremly spicy. We had those seasonings on the side for those who would like it).

One thing I saw on Facebook from Ken Hess that I had never thought about was putting all the ingredients in a mesh bag in the pot. Made getting the stuff out so much easier.

People loved the food. One thing with our small group is that we eat every well!

Triple play - very nicely done!

I'm too lazy to stuff things, but by the looks of your cooks I think I may need to get over that and get on the train.

Back