Painters Tool to clean cookers

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
These painters tools are fairly inexpensive. I use mine for this purpose. Lowe's is like $12 carbon steel. Hear cheaper other places. I always wear gloves, when your stroke slips and you slam into sharp edges drilling Pit Crud into your hand, bleeding from a jagged cut--from that day forward you'll wear gloves.

Seconds long Painters tool to clean out pit video

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co8ayQwOHec/?igshid=OTJlNzQ0NWM=

I have a big cleaning day coming up soon.
Can’t see IG.

What’s it look like?

I soak everything in Member's Mark commercial oven cleaner, let it dwell for 10-15 minutes, then hit it with the big pressure washer. I'm lazy like that.

Also put a bit of a bend in it in just in front of the handle.

Helps a ton with the angle of attack.

Only needed when you´re selling.

Actually, it depends. During my last few cooks I have gone to take the lid off my PBC and the lid has been stuck. I gave it a stronger yank, sometimes the lid came off but sometimes I picked up the whole barrel! I’m thinking it’s time to clean….

I have a steam cleaner that I find helpful for cleaning.

Here is what I use in my Weber kettle. I radiused the edge to match the kettle using a belt sander. I use another scraper of the set from Harbor Freight for my pellet grill.

BDC1820-C-44-C8-4-CEC-9105-AD9886-A327-EC.jpg

Any thoughts on using a steam cleaner on it? We have the Shark hand held steam cleaner. Don't have a Blackstone yet to try it on. May try it on my gasser this summer to see how it does.

Back