Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pacific MO, Aug 13th and 14th

I'll be there judging #29.
Vexter1 and brewmaster I hope you guys have extra beverags for after the comp. I'll be stopping by to say hello.
Was thinking about riding the bike but it might be to hot for that. I did that last year and man it was a HOT:crazy: ride home. Feel for you guys cooking.
See ya there.

Stop by. You are welcome as always. We'll have a little bit of everything.

Nate

Glad to see you'll be there Ralph, where's number 30 going to be?
See you there.

Laird

cbj, certified table captain, BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss

Hey Laird how you doing. Colorado was fun. Good time judging there.

it was going to be Edwardsville but I guess its going to be Quincy now.

Glad to see you'll be there Ralph, where's number 30 going to be?
See you there.

Laird

cbj, certified table captain, BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss

It's gonna be a hot one! Everyone make sure to stay hydrated! Is anyone gonna cook for the peoples choice tomorrow night?

yeah - I gauge all other comps' heat by Pacific from last year - that was without a doubt the hottest contest I've ever competed at - *WHEW*

I remember Pacific being brutal last year too, but wasn't North Little Rock pretty bad too, or am I confusing comps? Good luck to all the Brethren tomorow. Wish I was there!

dmp

This weekend is exactly why we bought the 2007 Hobbi 260. Going to shoot for 70-72 degrees all weekend if I can help it. We are cooking people's choice too.

Please stop by and introduce yourself and I will be out and about saying hi in between too.

I will be there, in attendance at least trying to pick up some pointers.

Hi "J",
That is called "shigging", and is frowned upon. The right way to learn contest cooking is to either invest labor with a seasoned team by being their pit b*tch, or dive in head first and cook it. I pass this along hoping to save you a possible @ss chewing by a hot, frustrated cook who doesn't care to give up any "free" advice.

Plus, DO NOT look for pointers on Saturday as you may asked to leave in a less than pleasant fashion. Go meet them tonight and enjoy yourself! New cooks are always welcomed, but remember, these guys have close to $1,000 invested in their weekend.

WAS GOING TO DO THIS ONE, BUT GLAD I CHANGED MY MIND. TO hottttttttttt !!!!!!! :p:p

Last edited:
Its hot! I sat up then returned home for a few hours to keep cool

Y'all are better Quers than me... I do not think I could compete in weather like this. Maybe if I had one of those little inflatable kiddie pools under the canopy, and someone to fan me and hand me ice-cold adult beverages I could swing it... Hmmm... I might have to try that next year... :becky:

Did it storm Friday night? We sure wanted to be there, but our A/C at home and my own bed really felt good last night.

Good luck everyone!

stopped by today and looked to be about 35-40 competitors. They said it was a light turn out. Guess it had to do with the heat.

stopped by today and looked to be about 35-40 competitors. They said it was a light turn out. Guess it had to do with the heat.

last year he had something like 10 more teams but anotehr four didnt show up.

congrats

Congratulations to all who walked and a pat on the back to all who competed. It was a hot contest to even judge, much less cook in. Hats off to you all.

Laird

CBJ, Certified Table Captain, BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss

Congrats to all who walked. It was a TOUGH contest - lots of great teams and the weather made it that much tougher.

Worst cook of the year for us - lots of things went south - but Tom ran the contest well and we made the best of it. Was fun seeing everyone. We'll see y'all soon!

Wowsa, this was a very hot and humid weekend ... so I am thankful for the grass spaces, the tree line directly to the east, the cool winds on Saturday and all of the teams around me that made it an enjoyable experience.

A special thanks for Jeff Rippelmeyer of Rippel-que for taking charge of the cluster f**k that was the electrical plant and rewired the box correctly so everyone got 20amp rather than 10amp. After that, it was smooth (and cool) cooking.

Back