THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i am on vacation

bbq contest and nothing at all the rest of the week

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

york

1st Place Grand Champion- Let's Kick Some Ash (Bruce Ring)
2nd Place- RGC 4 Men and a Pig (Mark Grieco)
3rd Place- Bubba and Jeff's (Bubba and Jeff)
DAL- Once again? Beam Boys :shock: (Can I borrow a paper towel?:biggrin: )
This was a very nicely run contest. 92% of the judges were certified and only 7 of them were first timers. There were 3 DQ's that I know of.
1)Ribs not cut all the way thru
2)aluminum foil in rib box
3)paper towel on top of brisket in the brisket box.
(I'm not naming any names on who these may have been.):icon_smil

well i sliced right through my finger getting ready to turn in the pulled pork and the brisket i was in pain and not thinking about the paper towel on my garnish was stuck to my lid and forgot to remove it and there you have it

but i walked on pork got second:mrgreen: :biggrin: :mrgreen: :cool:

and had an good time

we all have them days we have just been having more of them

york

You should have seen York......

all bandaged up, bleeding profusely, bullets whizzing overhead, waves crashing ashore. What a troooper!

Oh, wait a minute, just daydreaming. He used a Scooby Doo band aid and all is well again.

Good Job on the 2nd in pork. Guess I'm adjusting the rib recipe back. I changed it a slight bit after Springfield where it got second (why did I do that? Bored I guess). Back to the original if the last 2 contests were any indicator. We got 6th brisket, 10th Overall. Missed a chicken call by .006. Had fun, hot. Home showered, mixing vodka and squirt momentarily.

Congratulations to all that placed, withered the heat and it's real nice to see the first three listed above, too! Bubba and Jeff, you guys just go from one end of the state to another, huh? This is awesome! Keep on keepin' on ya all!

Got back, showered and napped. Had a great time and met some fine brothers. I was right next to Jeff and Slat who were offering to help us profusely. That was much appreciated.

We finished 24th of 38 for our first time. 28th in chicken, 15th in ribs, 23rd in pork, 24th in brisket. Our scores were all over the place, in almost every category we had consistent 7s and 8s and then two judges that layed 6s and 5s out. Got one 4 in chicken appearance which I thought was a little harsh considering the rest were 7s and 8s. Got a number of 9s on our ribs and brisket, which makes you feel good for a first time.

Looking forward to giving it another try in about a month or so. Just looking for some sleep tonight!

Last edited:
I agree Neil, the scores I got were good except for that one crazy judge.

Got back, showered and napped. Had a great time and met some fine brothers. I was right next to Jeff and Slat who were offering to help us profusely. That was much appreciated.

We finished 24th of 38 for our first time. 28th in chicken, 15th in ribs, 23rd in pork, 24th in chicken. Our scores were all over the place, in almost every category we had consistent 7s and 8s and then two judges that layed 6s and 5s out. Got one 4 in chicken appearance which I thought was a little harsh considering the rest were 7s and 8s. Got a number of 9s on our ribs and brisket, which makes you feel good for a first time.

Looking forward to giving it another try in about a month or so. Just looking for some sleep tonight!

Wow, 24th AND 28th in chicken. That's impressive. :mrgreen: Never seen anyone get TWO chicken scores before.

Wow, 24th AND 28th in chicken. That's impressive. :mrgreen: Never seen anyone get TWO chicken scores before.

Yeah Yeah... that was 24th in brisket! Oops.

The taste scores were good on the chicken...so the Yardbird stays. Thanks Todd! Now if we just hadn't had half our batchs of skins burnt I think we could do better.

Cingrats toi everyone. Sounded like a good contest. I was glad to see them have a lot of CBJs. I wish more events would follow.

Back