Pabellón Criollo y a Caballo

Am I a farking left-wing commie pinko for making this?

• Of course not! Venezuela is a Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic like we are!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yes, you should immediately board a ship for Cuba.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Probably not, but you should watch Hannity for at least 24 hours to make absolutely sure.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I don't care, just post more beauty pageant winners, please!

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess cheesecake is the reason you should use plantains.:shock:

You should use fried plantains because they are traditional in the Caribbean and South America, and because the are easy to make, and quite tasty.

I'm not sure I'd put them on cheesecake, but it might be an interesting experiment.

CD :-D

Well, fark me running.:becky:

I guess I didn't discover something after all.:doh:

Had I known you knew this dish, I would have consulted you first for some advice.:laugh:

...and here I thought I was only stealing Guerry's dishes.

Now I have to go see how you fared in that Throwdown.:thumb:

In actual fact, you ARE the first to post Pabellon Criollo. I only had three elements, the beef (carne mechada), black beans (caraotas) and the plantains. Without the rice, it's just meat and beans. I didn't even get the plantains right - Pabellon usually has pan fried plantains cut lengthwise, I made tostones which is more Colombian.

Yours looks very good. It remains one of my favorite meals. Bien hecho.

In actual fact, you ARE the first to post Pabellon Criollo. I only had three elements, the beef (carne mechada), black beans (caraotas) and the plantains. Without the rice, it's just meat and beans. I didn't even get the plantains right - Pabellon usually has pan fried plantains cut lengthwise, I made tostones which is more Colombian.

Yours looks very good. It remains one of my favorite meals. Bien hecho.
I knew I should have gone to Cozad to get that Capybara.:doh: I'm not sure how comfortable it would have been about the lengthwise slicing though.:shock:

I knew I should have gone to Cozad to get that Capybara.:doh: I'm not sure how comfortable it would have been about the lengthwise slicing though.:shock:

Where do you go to get one of the beauty queens?

Interestingly, ours is the one that looks Latina and the Venezolana looks like she is from Nebraska. :confused:

When I first read the title I thought you were making something with horse meat. :shock:

Then I realized it was "a caballo" which is completely different. :mrgreen:

Great looking dish, and I would hit it hard.

Fried egg crutch?:shock: I'm not sure I would rely on fried eggs as a crutch. Maybe as a topping, but not so much a crutch. Although I do kind of like the sound of "fried egg crutch".

Not sure but I think Guerry meant "fried egg couch"... Imagine how comfortable, squishy and tasty that would be. :heh:

Where do you go to get one of the beauty queens?

Interestingly, ours is the one that looks Latina and the Venezolana looks like she is from Nebraska. :confused:
Ours is actually Lebanese heritage, none the less, hot. As for the Venezuelan beauty, I am pretty sure those folks are all Capybyran, hence looking like they are from Cozad. Although, some folks from Cozad clearly would look better in a bikini than others.

Back