THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newty

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hi all

I am a newbie to the forum, enjoying looking around

I am currently upgrading my outdoor kitten and wanted to get some input on the grill to put in, I am for sure adding a kamado Joe, not sure if I want the classic or if I should go with the Big Joe? Any real downside to going with the Big joe vs the classic?

Also I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on the gas grill i am thinking about putting in

Delta Heat 32 inch gas grill
I am thinking the one with the rotisserie, and dear burner
The model #dhbq32rs-c (going with propane version)

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated

Big joe is your friend... Not sure if they still do this, but if you buy the floor model at a Costco road show, they throw in the joe jr and between the two, you're set on the ceramic side of the house. It's nice to have the room and options when it comes to cooking and not have to squeeze things in/bend, etc, etc... Planning is much simpler with 24".

Sturev

Thanks for the tips
I will check at my local Costco, I was thinking the big one would be better

I ended up with the Big Joe. Be ready for some heavy lifting, it weighs a good amount. That would be the only downside that I could see, especially if you have any mobility problems.

Newty - get the Big Joe. It's better to have the size and not need it than to need the size and can't get it. You're building a outdoor kitchen. Great! But look, the nature of most kitchens is that they are built to a specific arrangement and size of countertop. If you go with the KJ Classic and find a few months down the rode you really need more space, as you invariably will, you're well and truly screwed. Your kitchen limits your options and to get more space is gonna cost you a lot of money.

You say that the Classic meets your current needs. I promise you that kids will invite friends over for cook outs. Where do you get the extra size for your kids friends? How aout neighbors popping by when they smell your delicious cooks? Okay, so they brings their own protein ... Where does it fit on the grill! So you say your kids are grown and gone. What aout when they and the grandkids visit? They will increasingly visit for a meal on the weekends. Where's that room come from?

You'll never regret going big. More often than not you'll regret going small. Especially in an outdoor kitchen.

All the best to you. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips... the kitten (which was a nice typo) will get the Big Joe

I was only considering the classic thinking it the big joe may consume way more Lump, when doing a smaller cook, but that's really not a big deal since I can dog the fire out, after a cook

And I am more of a Dog guy, so any kittens come roaming around my outdoor kitchen may end up stir fry! JK

My lab mat be after it though!

They are so efficient I don't think you will notice a big difference in lump. The big joe also has a divider in the firebox that can be leveraged for smaller cooks. They new hing design is fantastic. My local Costco had the roadshow this weekend and I was able to play with one. Lid on the big joe feels about a quarter of the weight of my old classic.

Resisted the urge to buy one but barely

Back