Our First Comp (very long)

Congrats Richie!

I would make one suggestion. Be kind to your back and pick up a hunk of 2" PVC pipe. Cut it into 12-18" sections (dependant on how tall you are) and put one under each leg of your table. I'm 6'6" and these are a lifesaver! (mine are 18 inches tall)

Way to go Richie!! The above suggestions sounds like a great idea. Also, the conveyer belt thingie was way cool too. And speaking of way cool, who had the cool tye-dyed shirt in the pic and which one is the Rich Meister?

I would make one suggestion. Be kind to your back and pick up a hunk of 2" PVC pipe. Cut it into 12-18" sections (dependant on how tall you are) and put one under each leg of your table. I'm 6'6" and these are a lifesaver! (mine are 18 inches tall)

I had read about this before and actually had them cut and ready to go........and then went and forgot 'em!

And speaking of way cool, who had the cool tye-dyed shirt in the pic and which one is the Rich Meister?

That would be Ole Man Ribber. If you wouldn't have asked, I could have told you his name but I'm drawing a blank right now. I'm the one in the black shirt with the sheet-eatin grin :biggrin:

Excellent read! This is a great story for any new team thinking of jumping in. Thanks for sharing. Our first comp was a small, unsanctioned contest. Good way to start. I saw only 4 pieces in the boxes which I assume is what they wanted. Remember, KCBS you need 6. Good luck!!

Good way to start. I saw only 4 pieces in the boxes which I assume is what they wanted. Remember, KCBS you need 6. Good luck!!

yes that was all that was required. we will be practicing using 6 pieces for sure. From what I understand this was the same size box that is used in a KCBS event.

That is my favorite time, seeing the sun come up (when it is not a down pour) and seeing all the smoke on the site slowly rising.....calm air.......ahhhhhhh, damn, is the weekend here yet?

Back