THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porta-potties and Cooling Stations, misters and fans are already in the plans. I am also working on a local water company to sponsor free cold bottled water for teams and the public to drink.

I plan on having the entertainment in the middle of everything. I am planning on at least 6 different bands/groups throughout the day on turn-in day. One headliner for Friday evening.

Now, about the vendors... what sort of vendors do you like to see? The obvious ones are food vendors and beer vendors, what others? Product vendors, engravers, artwork, t-shirts, BBQ pit/products, auto/truck dealers? There is a Farmer's Market on the site Saturday morning that has a lot of different types of vendors. I intend to incorporate the FM into a side competition called some like Farm Fresh Food, or Local Fare.

Sounds like a good time!

As for vendors... I'm probably not the best to comment. I tend to flock to the food and ignore most of the rest. Most complaints I hear are the lack of food vendors. Huge lines, vendors running out of food are the top 2.

That being said, T-shirts have seemed to do OK. I only know this because my kids are always bugging me to get them one :doh: Rock walls seem popular, pony rides, face painting, that kind of thing.

Car/motorcycle shows built in are kinda cool also. I dunno, I am sure the Brethren have way better ideas than I do. Just get my kids outta my hair during turn-ins and I say you win.

I'm working on a scale site plan. It looks like I can easily fit 25 teams on sites with water & 30 & 50 amp electrical hookups, 21 of those have RV gray water hook ups. I believe that I have room for 85 20x20 vendor sites, some with water/electric, some without. The team spaces are 20x40 minimum, could be 20x50 or 20x60.

Back