Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Wow Jeremy, I have followed this tread everyday for close to a year now and never really commented, thru all the ups and downs, but this one really bites, I hope you can get thru it as well as you have thru your other downs. Prayers are with you, your family as well as your employees, please do not let this get you down for too long.

On a side note, my next door neighbor died about six years ago after choking on a small piece of lettuce, please do not blame yourself!!!!

Take a breather for a couple of days because you definitely deserve it!!

A whole lot of wisdom in this thread. Sorry this happened, Jeremy.
Using all of the advice and counsel given, I would take it in, then
- This is my takeaway - "Don't forget that you are also the leader of this group."
This could be a moment you actually bond better with your employees.

Simply unbelievable. I read it last night right after you posted, couldn't even comment. Just stay strong brother and know we're all praying for you and there was nothing you could do.

Thanks everyone. Hard day for the staff today but better.

To get my mind off things I went and finally did this tonight:

w8wac0.jpg

I choked on a meatball from a canned spaghetti in 5th grade and my dad gave me the Heimlich and it worked. I tell this story because I did not blame or have any ill feelings towards Chef Boyardee or his counterparts. This is not your fault.

It's OK to grieve for the loss of this man to his family, anyone w/ a heart big enough to be a brethren would feel pity towards them. But leave it at that: you are NOT responsible for this death and I don't think a single person who's read this thread would think that for second.

Man -- that is a real kick in the........ Crisis counseling is in order for you and your staff, everyone may seem ok now but it may hit later. take care of it now. The counseling may even be covered by your insurance.

Now back to our scheduled discussion, I have herd that there may be a Fiery Furnace available in your general area.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that.
Thoughts and prayers all around.

Nice ink. Definitely therapeutic...

Wow, I just went through 145 pages and 2160 posts for this thread. I have laughed and almost cried at your journey. It truly is something to admire and behold. Thank you for letting us into this very personal and amazing journey.

Keep on smoking and letting us in on it.

Oh, and my wife is making your pickles for me for my birthday this weekend. So you know I got that going for me...

Jeremy, you feel bad that's understandable because your a good person, but it is not your fault. You learn people die everyday and it is usually their fault. You provided the food, but you did not feed him.

Back