OMG!!!! They sell organic Charcoal!

172.gif

From their site, shrug.

Big Green Egg painstakingly sources our organic charcoal to ensure that it contains no fillers, nitrates, chemicals, anthracite coal, limestone, treated wood or petroleum products. Unlike some of the other charcoals and briquettes on the market today, pure and natural Big Green Egg charcoal is premium carbonized wood with NO additives whatsoever.

This is just some marketing ploy for the Yuppies that don't know any better and are willing to pay extra money because it is labeled "organic". It kills me that actual organic foods cost so much more because it doesn't cost extra to grow organic. I've been an organic Gardener for over 30 years and it actually costs less to grow organic and use the Earths resources than it does to go out and buy chemicals.

I will say this though - around Thanksgiving I bought a bad bag of lump - can't remember the brand but some of the wood in the bag looked like some 1"x 2" boards and I swear when I lit i - it smelled just like formaldehyde or some other wood treatment. The bag said "Product of Mexico". I would not cook on it - it just stunk and a quarter of the bag had wood that looked like construction lumber.

I wonder if they use he term "organic" they are saying that there is no treated wood.

Well if your meat ain't organic isn't that a waste of cash?

-no charcoal was harmed in the typing of this gibberish...

Well thank goodness they figured out how to make BGE charcoal more expensive.

It would be one thing if this was Briquettes that could be loaded with fillers. But wow, you don't get any more natural than lump. One word to who ever buys it "Sucka"

Back