THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luvdawings

Picked her up at academy Friday morning. Seasoned her Friday evening! Saturday I smoked some wings, ribs, and pork steaks with some oak and pecan! She worked great! Held 225 perfectly! Ordered a lava lock gasket for her, she leaked a little bit out of the top of the door, but besides that no leaks from any of the welds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 381
Man that's a pretty sweet smoker! I personally like the vertical designs. Like smitty says, a little leaking won't hurt. I'm sure the more you cook on it like the WSM for instance it will get gunked up and seal up nicely right?

Made a basket with 2 inches of room under it. But when I do a longer smoke I'm going to fix the plate so the ash just falls straight to the bottom of the box. Haven't decided wether to cut a big square out and add expanded metal or cut more slots in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 300
Yup - Upfront - 3/16" Smokehouse for the price of gas.......
Well you deserved it, plus they should make you the Brand Ambassador for Old Country, I think it's about time you bumped the Plenty of Pecos thread :wink:

I haven't seen that one in awhile (you're slipping) :shocked:

Back