Oklahoma City

cowboyupbbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Eric
Great news for OK Brethren and those passing through…last week I had the pleasure of Edge Craft BBQ. Near downtown. Central Texas stickburner style- Thurs-Sat until they sell out. Brisket was near perfect, sausage was incredible, but the ribs-some of the best I’ve eaten. Highly recommend.

On my list for sure! I'm glad to hear first hand the food tastes as good as the pics on their Instagram look.

Will bookmark that place for our next visit to the OK grandkids.
These days I am no longer surprised that a Central OK location can make great Hill Country Q.
My mother used to say, 'Anyone can read a cookbook'. And while true, cookbooks don't even come close to the teaching one can easily sample these days on-line or by streaming videos. Nothing need be an 'ancient Chinese' secret unless deliberately hidden away, i.e., kept off social media.
Yes, it is still true that experience matters but I think it is just easier to learn how to make great BBQ if one wants to and the time/expense is a much lower barrier now.
For my part it simply becomes word-of-mouth advertising to see who has made the effort.
Thanks

Will bookmark that place for our next visit to the OK grandkids.
These days I am no longer surprised that a Central OK location can make great Hill Country Q.
My mother used to say, 'Anyone can read a cookbook'. And while true, cookbooks don't even come close to the teaching one can easily sample these days on-line or by streaming videos. Nothing need be an 'ancient Chinese' secret unless deliberately hidden away, i.e., kept off social media.
Yes, it is still true that experience matters but I think it is just easier to learn how to make great BBQ if one wants to and the time/expense is a much lower barrier now.
For my part it simply becomes word-of-mouth advertising to see who has made the effort.
Thanks

I totally agree. Great BBQ (and any kind of food for that matter) can be found anywhere if you find a chef dedicated to their craft with access to the proper ingredients. As a native Texans I cringe when people say you can't find good BBQ outside off the state because I know it's not true. I've had outstanding bbq from CA to FL.

Back