Oklahoma City

Okay, Leo's is on the list, and maybe Cattlemen's, although I doubt it, if I am to believe the gagging sounds I heard over the phone from the BIL. I also might swing by Van's Pig Hut and Bob Davis's Fish House (any comments?)

I am going to shoot for El Reno, but, I am not at all sure what time we will be going by there.

I am pretty sure we will hit Braum's too, ice cream is rarely a hard sell.

Leaving the S.F. Bay Area at noon on Thursday. And the plan is to drive in one swing to OKC.

Okay, Leo's is on the list, and maybe Cattlemen's, although I doubt it, if I am to believe the gagging sounds I heard over the phone from the BIL. I also might swing by Van's Pig Hut and Bob Davis's Fish House (any comments?)

I am going to shoot for El Reno, but, I am not at all sure what time we will be going by there.

I am pretty sure we will hit Braum's too, ice cream is rarely a hard sell.

Leaving the S.F. Bay Area at noon on Thursday. And the plan is to drive in one swing to OKC.

Braum's is definitely a good fast-food joint. Their burgers are your basic greasy cooked to order burger -- better than Mickey D's, but not gourmet. They do their best work in the dairy department. Anything made with ice cream will be very good. Braum's is first and foremost about dairy products.

CD

You going to have time to meet up with Jeannie and me?

And me????

If I can possibly swing it, I'll drive up to OKC to meet the one and only landarc. It's a three hour drive and a night in a Motel 6. Seventy-bucks round trip.

CD

I am working on that. Apparently the memorial service is on Sunday, and I gather from my BIL's voice, that he was expecting me to go. But, I am hoping that we can work something out, maybe on Saturday?

My schedule is not entirely my own, but, I think I can figure out a way to spring loose. I will chat with my sister soon and get some more details. Heck, I don't even know where I am staying.

Hell, I just checked my own schedule and I've got two long-term things going on Saturday and Friday night is booked from 5:30 on... :tsk:
It looks like lunch on Friday is about it for me unless you plan to stay into next week at all?

Dunno who passed, but it sounds like your BIL's family. Please give him my condolences. Even though I'm a total stranger, but still...

Well, now things are getting just danged odd. Now that we are in the government shutdown, and my BIL has gotten sucked into this vortex, he has gotten weird about money (if he lived check to check, I would get it, but, he doesn't). In any event, he is now so focused on hating the government, he can't seem to answer when or where or what about this trip. He won't even commit to making a reservation for lodging. FARK!

So, I will keep posting here as I find out what is going on, but, I truly have no ability to make plans. If he keeps irritating me, I may just rent a car and run away.

Thanks Guerry, it was my BIL's mother that passed, and through total selfishness and emotional instability, these people have managed to screw up my life for 6 months. But, she was a grand old woman and perhaps the one person in that family that I considered worth spending time with (other than my BIL).

Well, I'll fill this story in more, but, we are hitting town tomorrow and leaving Monday morning. BIL Farker is playing games and I can't schedule anything.

I am eating way too much biscuits, gravy, sausage and combinations there of.

El Reno, Sid's Burgers was very good

Well, I'll fill this story in more, but, we are hitting town tomorrow and leaving Monday morning. BIL Farker is playing games and I can't schedule anything.

Sorry we couldn't get some time in for a little brethren mini-bash with you. I hope you get some good eats while in OKC.

CD

Back