THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blueshound75

Knows what a fatty is.
Alright I was asked to cook for 200+ for a reunion and have absolutely no idea how much pork loin or butt to get to feed these people any input would be greatly appreciated..

I would spend some time perusing the catering and cooking for the masses forum posts going back a few months. Lots of help there'

Pork loin, I assume you mean boneless, you can figure 3/4 lb uncooked (or 2/3lb brined, uncooked), pork butt, bone-in, I would go with Paulie's number. Are you not going to offer something other than pork? With 200 people, they may be some non-pork eaters.

allrecipes.com/
according to this site it would take 50lb of pork butt, I have use this site before , great web site they give you the receipe and auto figure it for you

Good luck that's a big crowd to cook for.

Catch up on the catering for the masses section, some great info in there.

I am just providing the meat they will warm in roasters and what not, they just told me I would be smoking the meat for the reunion.

Back