Oh yes! I'm still here! Cooking on the offset today!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey.. hope everyone is doing well.. I still lurk but I haven't had time for BBQ.. Well I went to the store yesterday determined to BBQ today.. I could not find anything "cheap" so I had to "settle" for a brisket and a pork butt! YEAAAAAAH!!! My favorite things.. Getting a really late start.. this might turn out to be hot and fast.. or finish in the oven..

S3m8a7rl.jpg

So.. I had a tree fall a month or so back due to an ice storm.. Its not "dry/Seasoned" very well yet.. But I'm running the cooker wide open cuz the slide for my firebox vent broke.. So This wood burns pretty good anyways.. I still have alot to split.. this is just what I have split.. its hard wood maple..

1zmYSyfl.jpg

There you are!! I've been wondering where ya been for awhile; glad you're ok!! I see you haven't lost the touch!

Yeah man.. I still lurk around.. But haven't really done BBQ or anything interesting enough to post.. Doing the full time caregiver thing at the moment so things are pretty busy.. Gotta stay home mostly for this so I was determined to get out and enjoy some weather and BBQ :thumb: Was worried rain was setting in a few times.. But I would of been out there dancing in the rain like a crazy farmer getting over a drought.

Getting some nice color on! Cookers been running even, steady all day. You can tell that the wood needs some sitting time.. But oh well Running wide open keeping tiny sticks on it seems to be working!

sidUhVEl.jpg

Sure does look good from here.

Glad you could take a break and send up some smoke signals for a day.

Hang in there.

Back with a vengeance! There is nothing like cooking either of those, but if you are cooking both, even the rain can't dampen your spirits.

Alright so I'm late but I was enjoying my evening doing other things! Well gotta say.. its like riding a bike you just never forget.... (I haven't road a bike in about 15 years.. I bet I'd fall flat on my face haha).. The BBQ was stellar.. even with the non seasoned maple.. It gave me trouble keeping the fire rolling but I wont hesitate using it if I decide to figure Big B up again!

Pork butt

gSjy8wLl.jpg

Brisket
LwPllLOl.jpg

Pork butt... I don't shred it very fine.. The wife doesn't eat much pork butt but when she does she likes it chunked..

5QjKiQdl.jpg

Probably the best brisket yet.. I didn't slice into it much just separated point and flat.. and cut a few edge pieces of the point to snack on with some mac and cheese!

IxuJsSNl.jpg

You've come a long way Pilgrim. I remember when you were just a young BBQ Pup. :becky:

haha.. I remember the ol brinkmann offset! cooking in down pours and everything.. First brisket I trimed NOTHING from it.. and wrapped it too early it tasted like pot roast lol

Nice looking Q. Glad to see you were able to get back a bit. It's good for the soul and belly :-D

Back