Oh Ya

Good lookin' cookin', Smitty! Looks like a grand ol' time! Did you get to keep the brisket title or did you have to hand it off to a new winner?

I lost by 1 vote to a fellar I beat last cpl years. He ain't too shabby a BBQ'r - he competes in the small time Comps around N Texas. I'll get him next Year..... :heh:

I lost by 1 vote to a fellar I beat last cpl years. He ain't too shabby a BBQ'r - he competes in the small time Comps around N Texas. I'll get him next Year..... :heh:
Bummer! How did you do in the other meats?

Lost Ribs by 1 vote to a different guy out of 6 total and 4th out of 6 in Chicken. All the Kids preferred my Chickens tho - kids just like them Drumsticks.......

The Guy who won Ribs, won Ribs last year. He Brines St Louis cut Spares Overnite , Dusts them with a Seasoning mix he mixes up ( he applies it lighter than most do Rubs) then Grills them over Charcoal -don't know the temp cuz he uses a Hotizontal Split Barrel Grill with no thermo and grills then wraps them in foil to finish - 2.5 hrs total. He only does Ribs n Chicken cuz he Grills (direct at higher temps) not Smokes (indirect at lower temps ) although he uses Charcoal n Wood Chunks. :shock: I didn't try his but should have I guess.

Back