Official Pretty Good Barbecue - Call for help

I'm checking into who can be there on Friday for meat delivery. We'll have a fridge + coolers which should keep 500 lbs overnight.

The church is very excited about this. At least a dozen other guys have volunteered to help us out, and I know more will show. One group of several guys has committed to just helping with cleanup.

Curt, I am just so freaking excited for this I can't contain myself! :biggrin:

Fellow Brethren, for anyone who is not local, this kind of stuff just doesn't happen in this city enough, least of all in the area that this event will be held in. This will be a huge event for a city that has been in population and economic decline for awhile now.

Thanks to all for helping out through donation of time and resources, and most of all prayer.

And I have said it before, but will again; A HUGE thanks to Curt for setting this up. YOU DA MAN!

Jeff, everytime I think about coming down and meeting you guys I get the old Shaeshank thing going: "I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or keep a thought in my head."

As a bonus (for me, anyway) my little brother will likely be stopping in to see me while I'm there. SWEET! Maybe some of you OHFOs can get you claws into him and turn him into a Q'er, since I'm too far away.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but just wanted to say that this site never ceases to amaze me. Doing Gods work with BBQ. You guys are my heros.

Paul

John - you're only 3-4 hours away. Come on up.

My family is going to try to make the trip over in the morning. My wife is so excited I'm cooking and it's not going to destroy our kitchen.

Curt, should we have a breakfast menu? Are we counting on Chef Rick and some of his tropical delights?:grin:

For breakfast, I was thinking of doing something fairly simple... Fatties on english muffins. If anyone has something else they'd like to do, that's cool... If Rick wants to put something together and wow us, I'm all for it!

Chinesebob had a great idea; I'll put together a checklist early next week on who's bringing what, etc. Plan on fuel if you're bringing a smoker, rubs and sauces for 4-5 butts and 2-3 briskets, and utensils you want to use while cooking. I'll get you more details next week.

I'm out until Tuesday... Going to Kennebunkport, ME for my 5th wedding anniversary! I'm even going to learn to ballroom dance, since my wife wants to do it.

who... me?

i wasn't sure if i was going to this event or not... but now maybe i have to! sure would be cool to meet a bunch of farkers :biggrin:
let me check the calendar.

who... me?

i wasn't sure if i was going to this event or not... but now maybe i have to! sure would be cool to meet a bunch of farkers :biggrin:

When you check the calendar, just pencil it in!!

It'll be nice to see you again Rick. Maybe this time I won't be so busy and we can actually talk! You better strap an egg into the front seat too. We need a good egg demo and I want to see it in action!

I'm starting to get really exited about this. Got a buch of rub made for butts and gonna make a big batch of sauce for butts and the rubs for the salmon today too.

I've got a couple of nice whole wild caught salmon filets in the freezer that I'm going to smoke according to a Jim Minion method.

It sure will be nice to meet some more Brothers.
I hope the weather cooperates with us.
This sounds like a really good time.
Can't wait.

who... me?

Oh, just do it! You know you want to see me....:mrgreen::eek::mrgreen::eek:
I'm starting to get really exited about this. Got a buch of rub made for butts and gonna make a big batch of sauce for butts and the rubs for the salmon today too.

I've got a couple of nice whole wild caught salmon filets in the freezer that I'm going to smoke according to a Jim Minion method.

It sure will be nice to meet some more Brothers.
I hope the weather cooperates with us.
This sounds like a really good time.
Can't wait.
I agree!!!! Harbormaster is meeting me on Friday and we are hoping to get a mini bash together with any and all of the ChiFo that are available. And then Saturday we haul butt down and east!!!

I'm really looking forward to this one! Thanks again for offering this up!

Back