Off to Los Angles, SoCal!!

Hey Mook...
you have waited long enough...What is
in the bag????
MikeG

OK...

...Last night BBQChef, SoCalCraigste and I hung out in Westwood, Home of the UCLA Bruins. We had a ball eating too much food and scoping out chicks that were way too young for us. Pictures will probably be posted after the Grand Poobah gets back to the homestead.

Mista

MikeG said:
Hey Mook...
you have waited long enough...What is
in the bag????
MikeG

One of those bottles in the bag looks like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.

Actually those were bottles of hot sauce and Garlic sauce. Ragin' Cajuns own Brand. Not real hot but great flavor!

Bigmista said:
Actually those were bottles of hot sauce and Garlic sauce. Ragin' Cajuns own Brand. Not real hot but great flavor!

Both went home w/ Phil to add to the collection. Now that I think about it, i shoulda got him the Trappeys Jalapeno.

Ok - so whrere's the report from SoCal Craigster? Come outta yer hiding place. If'n ya don't I'll come and find ya cuz I'm moving home in the next 6 months. Just waiting for the call with the logistics.

hey ladies...

the poobah is back in his house after a week in California....

Bigmista(Neil), me and Mook(Vince) went out Wednesday night to Rajin Cajun in hermosa beaach.. MoFo was coming but he wussed out. :) First think mista did was order a bowl of gator. looked at me and said "U eating gator". Well I aint saying no to no one wearing a superbowl ring(kinda). Gator was good, kinda like chicken flavor calimari. Then i got the bright idea of the Sefood sampler appitizer with craqwfish, catfish and shrimp... we chowed down on that for a while, then the waitress comes for our order. My brain being bigger than my sotmach ordera a bowl of gumbo and a shrimp creole platter, with jambalaya and beans. Damn, i been on Atkins for a year, cant eat that mcuh. I ate more that night than i usually do in 2 days. Got back to the hotel and passed out face down fully dressed on the bed till morning. Gut was so big that it had my butt in the air waiting for someone to stick a flag in it and stake claim. That aint a pretty site..

another lesson I learned about Los angeles. Mexican / tex-mex is big there... lots of great authentic stuff.... But there is not one restaurant in L.A. that will serve a Burrito that is fit for the consumption of ONE human being. 4 Maybe, but not one. Burritos come in the various sizes that can are compared to things like office furniture and SUV's. The may as wel come with wheels, cause ya cant carry sonme of them suckers out. I attempted to finish a butito that would not fit in the back of my rented mustang. :wink: Tacos on the other hand are little handfuls that you just pop like buffalo turds or white castles.

thursday night SoCalcraigster came out of Lurk mode. We set up to meet in Westwood, a UCLA college town. Called Mista, who was all up for it soon as he got the kitchen pass form MrsMista. Met her from from the convertable as she waved form the Balcony. Hey MrsMistA!!!!.. IM taking your man to a college town loaded with 19-22 year old ladies in skimpy outfits. !! :twisted: Mook was layin low.. Mofo chose to spend the night upgrading a PC instead of eating... tsk tsk..(wuss again.. :wink: ) After wandering around this place loaded with college girls in miniskirts and realized we are old enuf to be A- their father. B - their chaparone(sp) c - horny old oggling perverts. D - sugar Daddy.

We wished for D but were just C.

Night consisted of hangin, bullshootin, eatin at a burger joint in one place and a load of chicken wings in another.... them wings were brought to us by a waitress that dropped out of heaven. Damn to be 22 again..

Mista is one smooth talker.. he had that ladies attention.... i thought he was gonna have that waitress either sign him up to be here sugar daddy, or she was gonna stuff the jalepeno poppers in his nostrils. I was hoping for the later. :) Craig and I just kept woofin down the wings till I overflowed and he loaded up.

A night of the brethren... times to remeber and have again.. will be shouting out again at my next trip in july-august.

An as usual.. first time we meet a brother.. aint no weirdness...theres none of them first time awkwardness...... its like we knew each other for years... The mark of "The Brethren"!!!

Poobah,

Just give me a little more notice next time so I'll have time to fire up the balcony grill. BTW... here's a coupla pics of my baby in action.

Now, I am really getiing a complex :evil:
My grills and smoker didn't look that clean when I bought them :!:
Ya sure y'all cook? Maybe a "Photo Op" thingie :lol:
Guess it is time to break out the pressure washer.
TIM

Bigmista,
Have you seen the firebox attachment that you can get for your grill to make it an offset?

BigdogSmoker said:
Bigmista,
Have you seen the firebox attachment that you can get for your grill to make it an offset?

Yeah Bigdog I have. I just haven't decided if I wanted to take up that much room on my little balcony yet. I'm not cooking for huge groups yet so the indirect method is cool for me and my family right now.

Good looking out though!

Mista

Sorry I missed ya Phil. The job I was on took much longer than anticipated. But as a "Brother In Q" I hope you can understand. The good news is that the job I was on paid me enough to get a new smoker! Might even go custom! Will keep you posted.

Seriously though, I wish I could have made it out there.

Dang! I'm sorry the pics for this thread didn't make it thru the transition. This was a really good time.

Dang! Has it been 4 years since Poobah was in Cali?

Found a few pics...

DSCN1039.jpg

DSCN1040.jpg

DSCN1041.jpg

DSCN1042.jpg

that was after 7 months on Atkins.

it all came back overnight, after one bowl of Pasta.

Back