NYE Brisket & Rib cook on Battle Box

onemanlan

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Taylor
Buddy had a baby. Good excuse. It was NYE. Good excuse. Sis bought me a KosmoQ rub set for Christmas. Good excuse.

I guess I have to cook.

Did 3 slabs of ribs with different rubs; Killer Bee, SPG, and mystery rub. For the brisket flat I used cow cover.

Cooked in the Battle Box ~230*F with B&B Lump Charcoal, pecan split + cherry chunks. Ribs naked ~4 hr. Brisket ~12 hours, no wrap.

All in all turned out great. The brisket was way better than the picture lets on. Good smoke flavor applied to all the foods. Can't wait for another excuse to bust out the smoker for a larger cook again. This was pretty large for me. The smoker can handle more.

Also a huge fan of the charcoal. Very good quality. Massive chunks compared to other brands out there. Overall great quality. Been sitting on this bag for a while. Would buy again if I saw it.

The rubs were good overall. Killer bee was my least favorite. SPG my favorite, which I find kinda funny. Cow cover was strange. Oddly in the Rib section the mystery rub was close to top. It's a mixture of 'end of bottle' rubs. Predominantly its one type that is slipping me at the moment. Need to find out which one it was lol.

nk92ZoUl.jpg

Fgzn308l.jpg

blyloCOl.jpg

4qgYODUl.jpg

f2h09bnl.jpg

6bldTlXl.jpg

tKiXAtXl.jpg
LvlYeVtl.jpg

39CUCArl.jpg

UVR4UuOl.jpg

vT6mxVpl.jpg

It was fun. I hope to get better pictures in the near future & get a video assembled of the cook. My editing software is fighting me though.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
Back