NY State BBQ Championship Series

Shouldn't a NYS championship be open to NY teams only? Isn't that the way the PA cup works?

As defensive as I like to get about NY, I don't think we can do that. It would really defeat the purpose. NY comps are usually a melting pot with teams from many surrounding states and Canada.

The New England Team of the Year is open to anyone... we welcome the competition.
Hey I am not trying to get rid of competition. Unfortunately due to other obligations I am not able to compete in any of the NY contests this year so I have no interest I was just asking a question.

I don't think I can do any of these this year either, though I may do New Paltz since its paid for.

"then... what happens if the team that wins it proudly displays a non-NY team bumper stickah on their pit? heheh"

Better man up NY teams, lunchmeat is salivating :p

I don't know what you mean... :cool:

actually - this is more along the lines of what I was referring to... :lol:
http://ique2.blogspot.com/

I hear ya 'bout the geographic thing Brian, 4 does seem more do-able for more teams.

hey ... I'm just not feeling the love Sled. :cry:

Shouldn't a NYS championship be open to NY teams only? Isn't that the way the PA cup works?

is that fair to the other state teams that make it to the NY contests? We make it a priority to come that way to contests......I would think that we should be rewarded as well....

there's definitely opportunity to have a State Cup like PA, or do what Salisbury MD, does - reward the highest placing Maryland team...

what's needed is someone to do it (and, of course a sponsor or two would be helpful)...

Sled, why don't you run with that? :lol:

Back