NY Area Teams

Well that was quick!

I stepped out to do some shopping, but before I left I sent an email to the judges list. When I got home I had a full table of 6, with everyone having judged at least 15 contests. The table consists of at least one master judge and one master table captain (not sure if that's the right term).

I have a 7th judge who has judged 12 contests to act as a table captain.

Eric

What categories do people want to cook? You aren't cooking against one another, so it doesn't have to all be the same category.

If people want to turn in brisket or pork, I would schedule the judges to come in in the late afternoon.

Eric

I'm out, I'll be on my way to Antigua for some R&R time with the significant other. Sorry I will miss it, it sounds like a great educational experience for a newbe.
Pete

I will check with my teammate on the date and let you know if the 30th is good for us.

this event might be good venue to let unseasoned judges get an education of what they should be looking for.

If the 30th doesn't work for you, please provide a date that does.

I like the date as it's early enough to avoid snow and severe weather. I dislike like it as it's so close to Thanksgiving and all of the requisite shopping traffic.

Eric

im in too

30th is bad weekend for me too.. T-day weekend is family stuff..

i have options for venues too if we cant get or do pats but i think a place with bacon is preferential. :)

just and comment... Since its not a competition, and im not sure if your lookign to make this 2 days, but if someone wants to do pork or brisket, they can start it offsite and finish onsite or reheat if they dare.

I would also encourage the judges to fraternize with the cooks. (prohibited in comps)
That way they also get a better look at the other side.
The few times I have judged it always seems that the cook side is alien to many judges.

I'm absolutely not married to the 30th. Patrick is checking w/ the town to verify that we can use the parking lot across the street from his place.

If we had more options for a venue, it would increase our chances to make this work.

Please post dates that work for you and venue ideas.

I'm pretty much open for any day with the exception of Thanksgiving, the day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, dec. 21 and New Years.

Eric

Back