THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
I picked this up yesterday off CL, did a search and see that it is the choice of Brethren! No meat probe, but it powers up and seems to function.

100_2555.jpg

The guy said he was tired of buying replacement probes and wanted something simpler. The instructions say its a Simple Two Step Setup.

100_2556.jpg

Seems simple to me, he must be in a One Step Program!

The best part- it was FREE! Now, should I order 2 more remote sensors?

I would buy 2 more remotes.:-D I have used one of these for about 3 yrs and haven't had to replace a probe yet.:-D
First thing to do is put high-heat shrink wrap on the end of the probe where the wire goes into it. It will help keep out water and grease.:-D
If he had that much trouble with probes he must have got them wet cleaning them or got them too hot on a grill.:confused:
They will also read funny if the batteries start getting weak. Oh, and they don't like Energizer batteries.:confused: Use the Copper-Top ones. Something about the end probe being just a little longer.:wink:

I got one in Feb and really like it . I had alot of problems with the et-73's I had.

I have three remotes and use them all the time, although I would be able to get by with just 2. My first nu temp probe died on me recently, gotta try the high heat shrink wrap. I seem to go through several probes a season (mostly on my polders).

Back