THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a niche and exclusive market. More power to them, and I'm sure it's an excellent cut. I could never afford it myself, but I'm not their market either so...

I can't afford a Lamborghini either, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have one. A late seventies Countach would be fun.

Hard for anyone with a thermopen to complain about those prices. Who am I to talk though. I have a $500 pair of bear claws, a three hundred dollar smoke generator, and a thousand dollar knife.

Really... I have a thermopen but can't afford those prices. If you bought a thermopen for one time use then I can get on board with that line of thought.

IMO the type of meat is cruel as the marbling comes from grain feed beef. Cows are grass eaters. I supply my family of 4 with 2 years of grass fed beef that is locally sourced in NH for a fraction of the cost.

That said, I would never have known of this product or price in the OP as I have no reason to search for it. Cheaper than a $500K tuna for sushi. On the up side you don't ruin the raw tuna on the grill.

However, I would be more than happy to provide a detailed review of the product if shipped to my door and cooked on my free weber kettle. To each thier own

A couple guys I know are using this for "carpaccio of deckle". The dish costs in the neighborhood of $125 and it is a scant 3 oz of beef.

A certain NY Times critic called it 0rgasm1c.

I was stealing these off the ribeyes over 10 years ago. Albeit humble prime.

That being said. It is too rich for my blood, but I would own the throwdown that had it for a prize.

I thought the deckle was off the brisket?

IMO the type of meat is cruel as the marbling comes from grain feed beef. Cows are grass eaters. I supply my family of 4 with 2 years of grass fed beef that is locally sourced in NH for a fraction of the cost.

I must disagree. Would it make you happier if you knew the cows were only eating fresh grains and the grass in a field?

Cows are herbivores. The eat trees, grasses, and grains naturally.

Teleking said:
I thought the deckle was off the brisket?

It is. Both are the "deckle". And properly so.

I personally know some West Texas beef ranchers that would have a good laugh over this. But heck if somebody wants to pay that much more power to you.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

That said, I would never have known of this product or price in the OP as I have no reason to search for it. Cheaper than a $500K tuna for sushi. On the up side you don't ruin the raw tuna on the grill.

Actually, didn't have to do any searching. Someone mentioned a while back how good their brisket quality was, I looked at their site, thought maybe someday, and signed up to be on their mailing list.

Ultimately - everyone has certain things that they're willing to pay for to get "the best". I have friends with home audio equipment that costs more than my car, but I can't hear the difference. I have other friends that buy bottles of wine or bourbon that cost more than I spend to take my whole family out to a nice dinner. And I have friends with more money in BBQ equipment than I have in my kids' college savings. But that's OK - it's their choice, and they wanted the best.

Well said. You'd think there would be a better reception considering there are folks here buying your BBQ cuts for that extra edge to win. I mean if you want to talk about "wasteful" money (not that I agree), how about buying a $150 brisket that cost another $50 to get shipped to you, then paying $250 for the privilege of cooking it in a high-pressure situation in order to serve someone a single slice and a 1" cube off the point? But folks do it, because they're trying to serve the very best so they can win a little cash, a cheap trophy, and bragging rights (at least until next weekend).

2 Thermapens (because of the speed differences in red and green)

I laughed at this one, well done sir. :mrgreen:

Back