Not Good Results

Jorge said:
most of the time I add wood splits. Lump does come in handy for me if I let the temp fall, but I start adding it slowly. It takes some time to get back up to temp, but I put myself in that position by letting the pit get too cool

Stick burner eh? I used to be one of those till I started using the WSM. I think my Bandera is rusted shut from all the moisture from the Pacific.

tommykendall said:
Stick burner eh? I used to be one of those till I started using the WSM. I think my Bandera is rusted shut from all the moisture from the Pacific.

Increase your coverage for accidental fire :-D :-D

I use lump all the time (when I can get it) in the Bandera. I prefer it for maintaining a coal bed for burning splits. I never have problems like you folks are talking about.

Slight spike, sure, but if you got prolonged high temps, you just added too much. Open the door a time or two until she settles down.

I use lump almost all the time. fire control is a little more touchy than with K-ford. Lump doesn't burn any hotter-but it will get hot faster. if you close the air intake a little bit from where you run it with Kford and bring it up to temp slower it will help and not be as hard to control and easier to level out. it takes some time to get used to the difference.

Neil said:
JGH, chop up that leftover brisket and make some kickass chilli for the bowl games next week.

Neil - thats bl00dy good advice!! Brisket makes the best chilli. I now chop most my uneaten Brisket up and freeze it either as Chilli or 'naked'

Back