Not a Brethen bash...just a few of the best people I know

O.K. since a few want my recipe for kraut balls...
I'll just add it here.
Use and modify how ever you like.
Just know, if you do not use eggs, and you do not squeeze out as much of the water/moisture from the cooked kraut. When putting the balls into the 350/375 oil there will be explosions!! Trust me I know, as it took a bit to figure out how to make these and have them stay together. Just also know, they are very addictive and always requested.
My wife makes the chipotle/ranch dipping sauce, which is an awesome add on!

Ebijack’s kraut

1 gallon jar of sauerkraut (4 jars/cans from the grocery store)
3 lg onion’s
4 or 5 hot or mild Italian sausage (de-skinned as to break into small pieces) or smoked sausage each one works.
1/2 c caraway seeds
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 stick butter
1/2 can beer
1/2 c sugar
tbl spoon red pepper flakes if desired

slice onions ( don’t worry about size)
and put into a large pot with butter and olive oil, caramelize the onions.
drain vinegar/water from sauerkraut and add to the pot, and beer, and caraway seeds.
(Not required but adding hot Italian sausage, so it will break up like burger is a nice touch)
Simmer for at least a couple hours. Stirring regularly.
Kraut freeze’s real well so save half for another time. Make’s great ruben burger’s, or most any meat into a great ruben. Or as a side dish.

Deep fried sauerkraut balls: using ½ of above, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the kraut. mix with, 3 eggs, 1 to 2 bricks of softened cream cheese and aprox. 1 cup Italian bread crumbs and 2 tbls of my mustard relish. Scoop out mixture with a teaspoon, put into Italian bread crumbs and roll into balls. I let the kraut balls sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour or over night. Deep fry at 350 deg. This makes quite a large batch. They do freeze great! if you can ever get any as left overs.

Make a chipotle ranch dipping sauce. Kicks it up a notch!

My mustard may be added either when cooking down the kraut or after it is cooked. Your choice.

Ebijack's Mustard

5 to10 small sweet peppers (depends on size of peppers) ( grill roast em if ya got time)
1 onion
1/2 bottle or so yellow mustard ( 15 oz )
3 T horseradish
3 T pickle relish
1/4 c vinegar
3/4 c sugar or honey
1 T salt/pepper adjust to taste
1 T garlic power or use real
1 t lemon pepper
1 t dill
1 t cumin
3 jalapeno's adjust to taste ( 3 is just hot enough for most )

put all roughly chopped peppers, onion and other ingredients into blender/food processor. Blend till chunky/smooth. taste and adjust as needed for heat/sweet.
makes approx. 1 3/4 qts

Looks like a good time with great brew-n-que, and excellent people! Wish I'd been there!

And DFH120 is IMPOSSIBLE to find around here, I'm SSSSOOOOOOO jealous of that! I've been on a huge IPA kick lately and I've never been able to find that one! Although I did get some Zombie Dust the other day :)

A buddy saw some at a local store but was at work and it could have been deemed inappropriate to by beer at lunch. Becky has time off in the middle of the day so i sent her up there. Between my friend and i we scored 8 bottles. Legendary find.

Man, Wish I was Closer!! How far are you from Diesel Dave?

I believe Keith is about an hour. I live in the a same city as Tom, just on different sides. Its about 2.5 hrs to Daves for us. It was well worth the drive.

All the chicken (among other things) looks great; the chicken in the last photo looks curried.

The 007 puts out some mean chicken

nex time you guys get together I would love to meet some of you when youre in my neck of the woods again

Hey sounds cool. I have a large yard and would love to host some kind of Southeast MI bash/get together next year.

Back