Contest Announcment Norwalk CT Bar*B*Q Pit September 11 -13, 2009

Sounds like a good contest. Considering it depending on how my schedule plays out over the next week or so.

I have already signed up and wondering if the wings for friday nights contest are provided by norwalkbbq or do we bring our own? How is the wing competition judged (only peoples choice?)?
Also do you provide the clams for the chowder cook-off?

Yes, We provide the wings,>
Wings are 100% peoples choice>
Chowder we supply the clams>
Cooks package will be sent out this week with all information which will include a special entry pass to enter the park!
ciao in bbq

John V
Norwalk Bbq
Proud Member Norwalk Exchange Club

Chowder turn in

When is the chowder turn-in? Friday night?

Chowder Cook Off is a peoples choice award by 16:30hrs Saturday .
I hope this answer your question, if not,please feel free to contact me @johnv@norwalkbbq.com
Hope to see you there!

ciao in bbq,
johnv
Norwalk bbq

the Chowder is it New England or MANHATTAN
Good morning,
Its a chowder cook off you cook which ever will make you WIN !!

However we will supply CLAMS and the CREAM !

Hope that answer your question

ciao in bbq
John V
Norwalk Bbq

Proud Member of the Norwalk Exchange Club

Yes, We provide the wings,>
Wings are 100% peoples choice>
Chowder we supply the clams>
Cooks package will be sent out this week with all information which will include a special entry pass to enter the park!
ciao in bbq

John V
Norwalk Bbq

What kind of clams are they... Quahogs (Chowder) etc...? How about the "Free" Oysters...are they native Blue Points? Why are you doing Clam Chowder at an Oyster Festitval...? enquiring minds want to know...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Ridgefield BBQ
Proud Member Ridgefield Rotary Club...
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle...

Cliff,
Up until recently, you were very positive about our event....what happened to make you go sour on us? The prizes remain the same dollar amount regardless of the number of competitors...Why wouldn't you be in???? Even if you place seventh in all KCBS categories...you would win back your entry fee. To sweeten the pot, the chicken wing competition on Friday night pays $500 to the first place winner and we supply the wings!!!!! Please check the prize payout at our website and you will see the many opportunities to win! You are a local guy and this should be right up your alley. What is it going to take to get you in? Understand, too, that this is charity event and all our proceeds go to the prevention of child abuse. Help us make this a grand event! Please feel free to contact me at JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM and we can make this happen for you and anyone else who is interested.
Yours in BBQ
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBQ Pit
Proud Member of The Norwalk Exchange Club

Not sour at all...I hope that your event is a great success..!!!

I really could care less about the cash prizes...in fact I do it just for fun...and think that what you are doing is really great for the community...

Alot more teams would be inclined to participate with a more customary entrance fee...

You have an extremely busy schedule for Saturday with a ton of turn ins... before a KCBS contest... not to mention the Whole Hog Competition and the People Choices Wings, Chowder etc...

It looks like a burn out weekend for most... and for me less is more....

I will be competing at your event with some really good friends and the Home Town Favorites ....

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

What kind of clams are they... Quahogs (Chowder) etc...? How about the "Free" Oysters...are they native Blue Points? Why are you doing Clam Chowder at an Oyster Festitval...? enquiring minds want to know...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Ridgefield BBQ
Proud Member Ridgefield Rotary Club...
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle...

Hi Cliff, Clams are Quahogs,The "Free" Oysters are Native Blue Points Donated by Bloom Bros.and lastly since this is a peoples choice contest more people like clam chowder rather than Oyster Chowder its as simple as that .
Thanks for inquiring......
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Not sour at all...I hope that your event is a great success..!!!

I really could care less about the cash prizes...in fact I do it just for fun...and think that what you are doing is really great for the community...

Alot more teams would be inclined to participate with a more customary entrance fee...

You have an extremely busy schedule for Saturday with a ton of turn ins... before a KCBS contest... not to mention the Whole Hog Competition and the People Choices Wings, Chowder etc...

It looks like a burn out weekend for most... and for me less is more....

I will be competing at your event with some really good friends and the Home Town Favorites ....

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Cliff ,Were glad you will be on the field and your right, Busy Saturday is putting it lightly>> As this is our first event of course we will make mistakes, However,Input and comments from you and everyone else will help us make the corrections now if possible !! As far as the entrance fee, We will look at that for next year at our wrap up meeting and talk about possibly lowering the Prize Money since , you and many others say its not important and making the entrance fee very reasonable ....Next year we will make sure no more crazy Saturday, Fix other little screw ups, But this comes from listening to you competitors and we do!! So if you or anyone else has ideas please let us know, Email me @JOHNV@NORWARLKBBQ.COM We honestly try to correct it.. As we want this event to be fun, exciting and THE GREATEST BBQ EVENT YOU BEEN TOO!!!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

My $.02

Let me go on record that I care a LOT about the cash prizes!!!!! Bet Steve Farrin and a whole lot of other guys do too and I doubt Myron Mixon is coming because he heard we grow great oysters in norwalk<GGG>
Don't need no more dust collectors...show me the money$$$!!!
LOL...now I'll come in DAL...

Cliff ,Were glad you will be on the field and your right, Busy Saturday is putting it lightly>> As this is our first event of course we will make mistakes, However,Input and comments from you and everyone else will help us make the corrections now if possible !! As far as the entrance fee, We will look at that for next year at our wrap up meeting and talk about possibly lowering the Prize Money since , you and many others say its not important and making the entrance fee very reasonable ....Next year we will make sure no more crazy Saturday, Fix other little screw ups, But this comes from listening to you competitors and we do!! So if you or anyone else has ideas please let us know, Email me @JOHNV@NORWARLKBBQ.COM We honestly try to correct it.. As we want this event to be fun, exciting and THE GREATEST BBQ EVENT YOU BEEN TOO!!!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

$$$$$

Nancy believe it or not, the Oysters came from competitors request, as we traveled the bbq comp events !! As far as the Cash$$$ Our group in April talked about, if this was a successful event, We were going to an add another $10,000 to the prize package and $7500 of it would be add to the KCBS Grand Champion purse totaling THE CHAMPION RECEIVING $10,000.00 compared this year at only $2500.00 however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! We hope to get as much info as we move forward to make this perfect!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Let me go on record that I care a LOT about the cash prizes!!!!! Bet Steve Farrin and a whole lot of other guys do too and I doubt Myron Mixon is coming because he heard we grow great oysters in norwalk<GGG>
Don't need no more dust collectors...show me the money$$$!!!
LOL...now I'll come in DAL...

...however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! ...
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Don't let them fool you John. Prize money if often a deciding factor when it comes to what event to go to for some teams. Try having a comp with no prize money and see how many teams you get. :-D

I for one can't wait for this comp. I think you guys are doing great! You've done your research and I have seen you guys at 3 or 4 other comps this year. Keep up the good work.

-Mike

Don't let them fool you John. Prize money if often a deciding factor when it comes to what event to go to for some teams. Try having a comp with no prize money and see how many teams you get. :-D

I for one can't wait for this comp. I think you guys are doing great! You've done your research and I have seen you guys at 3 or 4 other comps this year. Keep up the good work.

-Mike
I agree Mike!, What I also Like is giving prize $$ all the way to 10th place, should be a fun event. The only thing I am worried about is all the people and traffic - so don't forget anything!
dave
red planet bbq

Worried about traffic-dont forget anything

I agree Mike!, What I also Like is giving prize $$ all the way to 10th place, should be a fun event. The only thing I am worried about is all the people and traffic - so don't forget anything!
dave
red planet bbq

We will have available a shuttle to bring you to purchase such forgotten items!! No worries we got your back!!!

ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

entry fees

John
I think part of the problem is that people didn't/haven't spent enough time looking at the entry fee structure. They just looked at the big $# for all 14 or 15 categories and thought it was high. As you know, there were several options available at lesser cost bringing it back in line with most of the better contests. I can't tell you how many times teams don't participate in grilling whether there is or is not an additional charge. And certainly not everyone is going to cook a pig.

So I guess my point to the uncommitted teams is that this is a great event, otherwise it wouldn't have been around for 30+ years!!! Come hang out with all your buds and just cook the kcbs or just do grilling if that's your style...take another look at the payouts vs entry fee and compare it to some others we do (we all know who they are!) that have releatively high entry fees and don't pay squat...
nancee

Nancy believe it or not, the Oysters came from competitors request, as we traveled the bbq comp events !! As far as the Cash$$$ Our group in April talked about, if this was a successful event, We were going to an add another $10,000 to the prize package and $7500 of it would be add to the KCBS Grand Champion purse totaling THE CHAMPION RECEIVING $10,000.00 compared this year at only $2500.00 however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! We hope to get as much info as we move forward to make this perfect!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Back