Norwalk BAR•B•Q PIT LOOKING FOR TEAMs

Chicken tenders

What's wrong with chicken tenders? :thumb:

mmm, i need me some oystas!

I see that the inspection is mighty early on Saturday. Is there a deadline to have the meat inspection done, or can we arrive at a more leisurely pace and get inspected on the fly?

Was there an answer to this? I imagine other Brethren in the area may also be curious.

meat inspection

No, But here it is 08:30 am Meat Inspection Begins - NEBS all grilling / KCBS. I wouldn't take that risk and get DQ... :doh:
John Vuoso
Was there an answer to this? I imagine other Brethren in the area may also be curious.

regarding the iron chef and anything butt categories: are the standard 9 by 9 inch styrophome boxes being provided or will it be a different size box or will it be open to the competitior to bring on platters/plates?

And this team is looking for helpers

So anyone who wants or is willing to come out and lend us hand either day next weekend it would be deeply appreciated. Plus Oyster Festival is a blast; the music is great and there's lots for the partner/family to do. Thanks

9x9 boxes

WE supply 9x9 boxes for all events...... this year we went green absolutely no Styrofoam allowed on field..... :hand:
John Vuoso
regarding the iron chef and anything butt categories: are the standard 9 by 9 inch styrophome boxes being provided or will it be a different size box or will it be open to the competitior to bring on platters/plates?

boxes

By the way I remember that last year well ,so here goes, 9x9 boxes that we provide is it... How's that and this will not change promise.........
John Vuoso:becky:

last year propane ,electric etc. were allowed as heat sources for the peoples choice wings etc will it be the same this year? ...wings chowder chili iron chef and anything butt?

Heat Source

All the types you mentioned are allowed like last year....:-D
John Vuoso
last year propane ,electric etc. were allowed as heat sources for the peoples choice wings etc will it be the same this year? ...wings chowder chili iron chef and anything butt?

Recycled paper

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but, have you tested them? I know they had "green" boxes at a contest a couple of years ago and once the meat got in there, they leaked, sunk in, etc. It was a bad deal.

I would suggest testing them as soon as possible by putting approximately one pound of meat in there with some juices and let it sit for 15 minutes. That way, if it works, you know it. If it doesn't, you have time to get something else.

No not at all, the boxes are used at Whole Foods. Your BBQ will be in that box for approximately 6 to 15 minutes tops, no problem. However, 2 hours or longer ,depending on liquid,soaks right through...... We have 500 of old reliable in stock so, no worries!Thanks so much for your input!:thumb:
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBq
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but, have you tested them? I know they had "green" boxes at a contest a couple of years ago and once the meat got in there, they leaked, sunk in, etc. It was a bad deal.

I would suggest testing them as soon as possible by putting approximately one pound of meat in there with some juices and let it sit for 15 minutes. That way, if it works, you know it. If it doesn't, you have time to get something else.

No not at all, the boxes are used at Whole Foods. Your BBQ will be in that box for approximately 6 to 15 minutes tops, no problem. However, 2 hours or longer ,depending on liquid,soaks right through...... We have 500 of old reliable in stock so, no worries!Thanks so much for your input!:thumb:
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBq

Wow Steph they use them at Whole Foods......BBQ turn in central. :becky::becky::becky:

Back