Norwalk BAR•B•Q PIT LOOKING FOR TEAMs

I agree with this also, we were off in the corner and did the people's choice chili. We couldn't get anyone to come over to try any. I think they had 18 teams doing the chili but the tasting kit had something like 5 tickets. I'd think you'd want to do 18 tickets if there are 18 teams and use smaller tasting cups.

one way to make it so everybody gets a even shot of people trying their chili would be, the first person who buys tickets would be good for teams 1, 2, and 3 and then the second person would taste teams 4, 5, & 6 and so on
I had couples who would only turn in 1 ticket then just share that cup.
I also had people who would ask a bunch of questions and not even try the chowder

what would be fun is let every team go around and try everybody's and then cast 1 vote (not for your own team) and see who wins (voted by your peers):mod:

Norwalk exchange club does an outstanding job at this comp. I think the categories offer something for everyone, while at the same time contributing to a good cause. They had more teams then last year and I am sure they will get even more in 2011. So those that don't like the fees, green boxes (by the way worked out just fine), or anything else that they can think of with their infinite barbecue wisdom that is wrong with the comp can just stay home. There will be plenty of teams that are willing to go.

Back