No judges "Doggie Bags" at Red, White, and BBQ

Hold judges accountable as well as the sanctioning body. Judges names should be on the score card and that card returned to teams. Bad judges will eventually get singled out. It is amazing how much time and consideration a judge will spend scoring when the teams see a name attached.

I appreciate where you are going on this and I agree that we need to get there, but giving out the judges names to teams is a very, very bad idea.

There's a certain amount of teams (usually new teams) that will blame the judges as opposed to their cooking for a low score. There are also lots of judges that wear KCBS judges nameplates to events. The last thing in the world that I want to see at a comp is a cook confronting a judge over a score.

Eric

The new scoring program, when it gets into use, is supposed to track judges while keeping the anonymity.

I think this will be a step in the right direction.

The new scoring program, when it gets into use, is supposed to track judges while keeping the anonymity.

I think this will be a step in the right direction.

I honestly hope you are right, BUT I am afraid that just like the idea of making comment cards mandatory for low scores, that these judges will just score everything as 7 or 8. The scoring program will hopefully flag these type judges as problems also.

Back