THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wendellWI

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
What a great site and I so look forward to learning from you all.

I am providing a brisket and 2 pork shoulder roasts for a family reunion dinner tomorrow night. Due to logistics, I had them on the smoker yesterday and took everything off at an internal temperature of 160. I will be finishing everything at the reunion in an oven.

The brisket is whole with a weight of 10 lbs, each roast is 5 lbs. Planning on taking the pork to 195 and the brisket to 206.

I know it is going to vary but any suggestions on how long it will take to finish these in an oven at 225? 8, 10, 12 hours? I also want to make sure I get at least a two hour rest.

Thank you!!

(And if there is something very wrong with my plan, feel free to tell me!)

Cook 'em at 300 to finish probably about 4 hrs. don't go buy meat temps the brisket you want to probe it in the thickest part of the flat it should have no resistance( slide a butter knife into a tub of country crock this is what you are looking for) the Butts when the bone wiggles like a loose tooth they are done. No need to cooler them just sit them on the counter for 2 hrs tented with a sheet of foil the slice &pull

Cook 'em at 300 to finish probably about 4 hrs. don't go buy meat temps the brisket you want to probe it in the thickest part of the flat it should have no resistance( slide a butter knife into a tub of country crock this is what you are looking for) the Butts when the bone wiggles like a loose tooth they are done. No need to cooler them just sit them on the counter for 2 hrs tented with a sheet of foil the slice &pull
THIS^^^^^^! Probe tenderness everytime, not IT!:wink:

Back