Newbie with a quick question

wendellWI

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
What a great site and I so look forward to learning from you all.

I am providing a brisket and 2 pork shoulder roasts for a family reunion dinner tomorrow night. Due to logistics, I had them on the smoker yesterday and took everything off at an internal temperature of 160. I will be finishing everything at the reunion in an oven.

The brisket is whole with a weight of 10 lbs, each roast is 5 lbs. Planning on taking the pork to 195 and the brisket to 206.

I know it is going to vary but any suggestions on how long it will take to finish these in an oven at 225? 8, 10, 12 hours? I also want to make sure I get at least a two hour rest.

Thank you!!

(And if there is something very wrong with my plan, feel free to tell me!)

Cook 'em at 300 to finish probably about 4 hrs. don't go buy meat temps the brisket you want to probe it in the thickest part of the flat it should have no resistance( slide a butter knife into a tub of country crock this is what you are looking for) the Butts when the bone wiggles like a loose tooth they are done. No need to cooler them just sit them on the counter for 2 hrs tented with a sheet of foil the slice &pull

Cook 'em at 300 to finish probably about 4 hrs. don't go buy meat temps the brisket you want to probe it in the thickest part of the flat it should have no resistance( slide a butter knife into a tub of country crock this is what you are looking for) the Butts when the bone wiggles like a loose tooth they are done. No need to cooler them just sit them on the counter for 2 hrs tented with a sheet of foil the slice &pull
THIS^^^^^^! Probe tenderness everytime, not IT!:wink:

Back